Need help with a state that reverses item effects (FFXII Nihopalaoa)

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII called "Nihopalaoa", and what it does is reverse the effects of items used by the wearer. So, a Hi-Potion that would normally heal a player by 1600 HP would instead damage said player by the same amount. An Antidote would normally remove the Poisoned state from a player, but when wearing the Nihopalaoa accessory the Antidote would instead apply the state. This is useful against many enemies of the game, as an item like a Remedy while equipped with the accessory could potentially inflict every status effect upon the enemy (at least the ones the foe isn't immune to.)

Is there a way to create a state that would grant an actor the same ability? Perhaps a Lunatic note tag code? Any advice and suggestions are appreciated!

AdeptusUK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this would be quite a lot of work. You would need to amend every item in your game such that it could perform its normal effect or the opposite effect (without performing it's normal effect), probably by calling a common event and removing any function from the item itself. I'll try to find the point at which the script applies and item effect to give you a starting point...

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wonder, is it possible to achieve something like this with the item's Formula box? I know that there are formulas that you can do that will check the target to see if there's a certain state applied, for example I have a skill that guarantees a Critical Hit if the target has a certain state applied to them:

c = (a.weaponDamage(b)); if (b.isStateAffected(4)){ b.result().critical = true; c*=1;} c

So could I then manually make every item check and see if the user of the item has the "Nihopalaoa" state? So if user is affected by state, the result is damage, else heal? If user is affected by state, inflict Poison onto target, else remove it from target? If so, how would I structure that? I tried to write out a few:

if (a.isStateAffected(61)) {b.gainHP(-100)} else {b.gainHP(+100)}

if a.isStateAffected(61) b.gainHP(-100); else b.gainHP(+100)

But they don't seem to work for me - instead they seem to deal 1 damage (I have a plugin that makes the minimum damage 1 or more, so they may even be dealing 0 damage on their own.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drovac