Need Help With an Electric Barrier

PixelBoy360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a mechanic where if you attack an enemy after it uses the spell "Thunder Dome" you automatically get stunned for x amount of turns. Unfortunately I don't know where to start with making such a spell.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What version of RPG Maker are you using?

You need to have the spell apply a state that stuns the enemy, and you can say how many turns.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of gameplay at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using. Please post which engine that is so that this thread can be moved.

PixelBoy360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of gameplay at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using. Please post which engine that is so that this thread can be moved.
RPG MAKER MV

PixelBoy360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
What version of RPG Maker are you using?

You need to have the spell apply a state that stuns the enemy, and you can say how many turns.
But I want the attacker get stunned after the spell is applied to the user, so the attacker only gets stunned if they attack the user.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]RPG Maker MV[/MOVE]
@PixelBoy360 It would be helpful if you put that info on your Profile Page so that it showed up under your avatar, then people will know in future.
Also, if you want to quote more than one person, use the Multiquote button, otherwise the forum software automatically creates a new post for each quote.
Thanks.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But I want the attacker get stunned after the spell is applied to the user, so the attacker only gets stunned if they attack the user.
You can do it with Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin

Here's how I would do it :

The enemy casts "Thunder dome" and gains the state "Electric barrier". If I understand, any physical damage dealt to the enemy causes the attacker to be stunned.

In the state effect :

Sp-Parameter Physical Damage Rate 0% (only if you want the enemy to take no damage in addition of counterattacking and stunning the attacker)
Ex-Parameter Counterattack Rate 100% (The enemy will ALWAYS stun anyone trying to attack it)
Attack State Rate : Stunned 100%

With YEP Weapon Animation you can put that in the notetags :

<Weapon Animation: x>

It will temporary replace the basic attack animation (which plays while counterattacking) by one of your choice, like a thunder animation.

I tested it, and it works !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.
I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tocilux