Need help with audio issue while recording.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

I have a question for those who are recording gameplay using OBS or GeForce: how do you make your volume louder, or readjust it to your liking?

When I use either one of these to record, the video recording is fine, but the audio is incredibly low. I have to jack up the volume to maximum for it to sound like when I am playing the game. I'm using headphone, if that matters.
So when I record, my volume is set at 10, which is loud enough for me. I can hear everything in the game just fine. Youtube videos work fine, too. But after I review the recording, I can't hear anything. I have to turn the volume to 100 to hear what was normally audible at 10. What gives? I tried to readjust the volume slider in the volume mixer, but couldn't change the volume of the recording software alone. If I increase the volume of OBS/GeForce, the volume of the system will go up as well, and that will surely destroy my ears.

How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any response!

Update: problem solved.

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What Headphones do you use? Normally there would be a way to adjust just your headphone output without lowering your game/System sound.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's just your typical wired earbuds, lol. No fancy setting whatsoever.

Well, in the mixer, I have the OBS/GeForce (when they are on) volume, and the monitor volume, and the system volume. Monitor volume is like the master volume. It determines how loud everything is. I can lower the volume of the others, but not the monitor volume. If I increase the volume of something else, the monitor volume also goes up. If I increase the monitor volume, everything else goes up, too.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using windows, there should be a sound option under control panel, where you can adjust the volume of all your audio devices. You can try lower your headphones output there.

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@coucassi Checked in the Control Panel, too. The only setting that seems to do anything is the monitor volume, MX279, NVIDIA HD Audio. The other one is Realtek HD Audio 2nd output, with a picture of a headphone, and if I set it as the default device, and the sound doesn't work. Turned it up to maximum, too.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, okay no this begins to bug me too xD
I did some research and this seems to be a known problem, but I couldn't find an easy solution yet.
Maybe you are best of switching to a headset that allows you to manually control the headset volume.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I posted this on somewhere else, too, but got no response.

Does anyone else use either one of these recording software? Help! XO

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zabasin