Status
Not open for further replies.

benjammin1391

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Solved! Yanfly extended message pack 1 has choice options as plugin commands.

Ill try to keep this short

In my game the player has for items (A B C D) and there are 4 slots (1 2 3 4)

I need help with the logic for allowing the player to place any item in any slot, and having the menus change accordingly.

Here's what I mean, this is what ideally the flow of the thing will be like:

"Where do you want to put item A"?
Choices show slots 1 2 3 4.
Player chooses "3"
---
"Where do you want to put item B?"
Choices now show slots 1 2 and 4 as 3 is used up
Player chooses again, etc.

Right now, in order for the menu choices to update, I am looking at a ton of nested branches, and I'm honestly getting a tad overwhelmed.

Does anyone know of a smooth way to write the logic, or is there a plugin that could do a bit of the heavy lifting?

I also have no problems changing the game's flow (For example leading with slots and choosing from the items), if that would make it easier. Do need to eventually end with the four slots each having an item designated to it.

Also, side note if it matters, I'm not actually using Items like from the Database, everything is represented with variables and numeric designations. For example, I have a Slot1 variable, and the "items" are just its numeric value (0=A, 1=B, etc).

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach