Monsterwave18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

I have recently picked up RPG Maker MV during the steam autumn sale, and right away I went to try and make my first game.
But the problem I am encountering right now is making a fireball or any type of event that travels along a set route, and if the player were to come into contact with it then it would damage them a certain amount and keep traveling its path: creating some physical obstacles in-between battles. But right now I'm really lost on how I would even do something like that, If its even possible in the engine.

Any help would be appreciated!

autodidact

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

If you don't mind advice from someone who just got MV in October, you may want to take a look at Galv's Map projectiles. I haven't used them yet, but they look incredible.

If you want to do it yourself, then you can try something like this:

Had to edit my screenshot, updated 9:09.
1607188210090.png

"Set Movement Route: This Event" is used to allow the event to continue past the player after hit. Flash Screen is just present so I personally see the event occurs.

Noteworthy, I used a script command "Event Commands Page 3" to add $gameParty.leader().hp -= 20, which simply checks who the party leader is and subtracts 20 (change to whatever digit you like) from the existing HP.

There is an empty Event Page 2, just make sure to set the Self Switch condition. Note, the projectile holds its Through ON property set from the last event page so it will move through all other obstacles.

1607188230960.png

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

Monsterwave18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooh, I feel like we're getting somewhere, but its still not really what I have in mind. Alright let me explain the scenario to you so you get a better idea of how I want the event to act.

So the player has to walk down a narrow path, but just to add some difficulty to the path, I want some fire balls going back and forth across the path, so the player has to wait for some of them to pass then can keep going. The problem is the fireballs only activate once and damage the player once, then just stay idle.

Hope I'm making sense with this.

Thanks for assisting me again!

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This will help you. Basically set the fire ball to parrell and add in wait times every 60 is 1 second. so around 120 to 180 is what you need between each shot. see guide below.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)
daysbetweendatescalculator.jpg
It may be useful for some weird purposes in the game and outside the game.:kaojoy:
I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvar