Need help with cutscene issue on rpg mv on ps4.

Meisu341

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before I explain the issue i'm pretty new to rpg maker and figured I'd make a account on here to see if I could get some help.

So i'm currently on my first cutscene after my intro and I ran into a problem of not having enough self switches to finish my cutscene. I have basic knowledge and look up tutorials when i'm stuck but I haven't really found a solution.

Some people I asked on reddit told me that if a cutscene is more complex (if you start running out of self switches) you can use variables but they didn't explain anything after. But all the tutorials i've ran across doesn't explain how to use variables for cutscenes.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will approve this because your question is not specifically related to the PS4 version. Note though, this forum is for support of the desktop versions, not the console versions, so if you need help with something that is specifically about the PS4, we will not be able to assist.

You can use a variable to "step through" the stages of a cutscene - instead of using heaps of self switches on heaps of events, use a single variable. Each time something happens and you want an event to change, instead of turning on a self switch, add 5 to the variable. The the events that need to change at that point should have a new page with the variable >= whatever the new value is as a condition. Adding 5 rather than 1 means if you realised you missed a step, it's easy to add it and you don't have to go and change around a heap of events.

Meisu341

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the advice! I'll give it a shot and see if it will work. The issue is that I'm a pretty slow learner for these sorts of situations, the technical coding side of things or even stuff as simple as getting somewhat complex in the contents section. And most of the stuff I look up to help me understand some of the tools kinda gloss over some subjects or expect some things to be already understood. Lol maybe it's just me.

As for the posting here, is there another place in the forum or site that I can go to to ask questions or advice for rpgmv on the ps4? I think the only real difference i've seen comparing the two is obvious stuff like no plugins and being able to download additional content.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, there isn't. These are the forums of Degica, who is the distributor of the English versions of RPG Maker for PC and Mac. We have nothing to do with the console versions, which are distributed by other companies. So any questions about the editor or building/sharing on the console versions we won't know about.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitHat