Need Help with Day/Cycle for Event

Jaysterbaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a firepit event where if the player rests it will become night by.. and if the player rests again it will become day.. i cant seem to figure out the switches needed to make this happen.

I tried making a switch parallel event for night and anither one for day. I also tried one switch event for both using 2 pages.

Am i missing something?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show us screenshots of your event. Use Alt+PrintScreen to capture the whole event window, and don't crop it. If you have multiple pages, show us each page.

What do you mean "if the player rests"? How do you determine that the player is resting?

Jaysterbaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The player is "resting" by visiting a firepit and recovering HP, short rest determines day/night and recovers a small amount of HP and long rest is no matter day or night if the player long rests it will be morning and fully recovered

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show the full event. This means you will need to scroll to get the second event page.

And PLEASE use Alt+Printscreen to take the screenshot. I did ask this above, and it was for a specific reason. See how difficult it is to read those event commands? Using Alt+PrintScreen will remove the rest of the background, give you a smaller file size, and allow us to read the commands without having to open the image up in another window and flick back and forth as we write our replies.

Jaysterbaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I am new to the Forum. I was able to get it working with the above screenshots. it works nicely, looks a bit messy however

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that's an awful lot of work. I just input this script to do it
Code:
OrangeTimeSystem.addHours(1);
of course, you could change the 1 to any number you want to show that many hours passing.

Jaysterbaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol. Is that just a script I put in? What does it do exactly

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that just a script I put in?
no, it is a script command to control a plugin and it will cause a crash if you have not installed and configured that plugin correctly.
And the plugin mentioned is a time system, it does a lot more than just switching between day and night (which is why it needs to be configured to work correctly)

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just need the Firepit with Trigger: Action button
Here is a Textcopy of the Eventcode: (If = Conditional Branch Eventcommand)
Code:
◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
:    :Do you want to rest?
◆Show Choices:Yes, No (Window, Right, #1, #2)
:When Yes
  ◆If:Switch16 Day/Night is OFF
    ◆Comment:Night
    ◆Control Switches:#0016 Switch16 Day/Night = ON
    ◆Tint Screen:(-68,-68,0,68), 60 frames (Wait)
    ◆
  :Else
    ◆Comment:Day
    ◆Control Switches:#0016 Switch16 Day/Night = OFF
    ◆Tint Screen:(0,0,0,0), 60 frames (Wait)
    ◆
  :End
  ◆
:When No
  ◆
:End
You just need 1 Switch, its Off or On, in other Words: Day or Night, 0 or 1.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan