Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Trihan's dialogue from file is a great script for time effectiveness and quick editing when you have lots of dialogues. I wanted to use it to optimize my project's development as it has many dialogues and I'm frequently making small changes to them. Also, not having to worry too much about word wrapping is an awesome plus.

The problem is that, additionally, I'm using Yanfly's Ace Core, which allows you to change your display resolution to 640x480 (like it was in RMXP) - I'm also using Ace Message System, but I haven't noticed any incompatibilities.

While Trihan's script does work with Ace Core Engine, it seems to be built under the original screen size standard for VX Ace. So this is what happens when we put those two scripts together:
Nb42tvg.png
eaktmbt.png
jrV6Mm3.png

Would anyone happen to know how to fix this? Is there an easy way out? Or is there a similar script to Trihan's that already works with Yanfly's?

Also, another question: is it possible to add line breaks with Trihan's dialogue?

Here's a demo with the intro dialogue from my project.

And one last thing: this is a bug, right?
R1vvWat.png

Wrong wrapping? If the screen size predicted by the script is 544 width, it wouldn't be enough to show those couple last words, would it?

Last edited:

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bump.
I really need word wrapping and name boxes, so... I am considering to try Modern Algebra's script, but I never used it before. It also still does not address the issue of using a separate .txt for dialogue, which is crucial for updating dialogues and having language control.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Would anyone happen to know how to fix this? Is there an easy way out?
The issue is the color change. The characters in the line are counted towards the total length of the message. So it gets shortened if the length is more than the message width. Just as the script is supposed to work, but it is not excluding the \C[0] code.
1605753791268.png640 x 480

Not sure how to fix it though. something to do with gsub

Sheklon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The issue is the color change. The characters in the line are counted towards the total length of the message. So it gets shortened if the length is more than the message width. Just as the script is supposed to work, but it is not excluding the \C[0] code.
View attachment 168315640 x 480

Not sure how to fix it though. something to do with gsub
Oh, well. This weird. That was unexpected, but thank you for pointing it out.

It's kinda weird that the script does that, while it's supposed to be compatible with message commands. In fact, the message commands are functional, so it's weird that Trihan didn't predict that.

Anyway, I dug deeper into different places and found out another script that seems to do the trick. It's Enelvon's External Text and so far my tests are working. Thank you for taking your time to help, though!

P.S.: If anyone wishes to use the same scripts and is in need of help to understand how to implement them, feel free to send me a private message.

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 4

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zheyno