Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I have posted something like this before, but I need help with a button mashing event.
I am trying to make an event where you have to keep tapping space to force the door open, but something is coming behind you while u do it and u have to keep tapping to open. I am NOT trying to have a timer or bar to fill, but just make it so if u keep tapping space the door will eventually transfer you. If anyone can show me and example of an event like this that would be great!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can press a button, with a keymapper plugin, you can use space, than do the following:

if: script input.isTriggered("KEYID") // space key here
control Variable xxx +=1
if variable xxx >= 20
open door
else
nothing happen
end
end

this would be basic idea to do one.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1583102108915.png

This is a parallel process event. It will run in the background and be called once per frame. The conditional is a script condition (page 4) and the script is Input.isTriggered("ok"), which will check if the key "ok" (which is space/Z/Enter) has been triggered in that frame. If the condition has been met, it will execute the code inside the condition, meaning adding +1 to a variable (which will serve as the number of times the button has been pressed).

Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 135700

This is a parallel process event. It will run in the background and be called once per frame. The conditional is a script condition (page 4) and the script is Input.isTriggered("ok"), which will check if the key "ok" (which is space/Z/Enter) has been triggered in that frame. If the condition has been met, it will execute the code inside the condition, meaning adding +1 to a variable (which will serve as the number of times the button has been pressed).
thanks so much it worked :)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nightfight Glad I could help. If this has fully answered and you have nothing to add to the thread, you can report it so it can be closed. To report a thread, just click on the "report" button right besides the "edit" button at the bottom of any of your posts in this thread. It's going to ask you for the reason and you can simply write "solved". Thank you.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28 in your solution it seems it doesnt matter where he is pressing that button.
Does the Player need to stay infront of the Door and hit OK Button?

The Solution i showed in the your other Thread should help here. Or can you explain what is not working? Or how does it need to be different, what is missing?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bex You're right, what I suggested doesn't take into consideration the player's position. I don't know if OP wants to make the player position a condition though.

@Nightfight It seems you have other threads asking that same question. Is it for the same issue? Is so, why are you starting a new thread?

Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bex You're right, what I suggested doesn't take into consideration the player's position. I don't know if OP wants to make the player position a condition though.

@Nightfight It seems you have other threads asking that same question. Is it for the same issue? Is so, why are you starting a new thread?
No it isn't. well kind of. One for a timed event and one for an average event

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do not understand the difference in this case. You need to provide more information and feedback, we cant know what exactly in detail you need.
Every Time you press the Action Button next to the Event, it will count a Variable up, +1 each time
until its 20 or more.
View attachment 133465

Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I am sorry. I just thought no one would answer old thread. Anyway, I have been experimenting with this system in different ways. Right now I am trying to make a bar that the player needs to fill that is repdiatly going down and tap space is the only way to bring it up and that the message tap space is in the corner. Like the game Mario The Music Box? Wondering if you know any dlc addons for it

Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28 in your solution it seems it doesnt matter where he is pressing that button.
Does the Player need to stay infront of the Door and hit OK Button?

The Solution i showed in the your other Thread should help here. Or can you explain what is not working? Or how does it need to be different, what is missing?
I have actually found that out. It would be in front of the door, but I was wondering if there is anyway to make a bar that is going down that u must fill by tapping spacebar fast. Here is what i mean from a game I have played on rpgmaker

Attachments

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Nightfight , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I have already warned you about double-posting 3 times in the last 2 months. This is the fourth and final warning. Next time you will receive an official warning.

You can simply do that with what I showed you above (parallel event). Just change the value when you press the button to something like +120, and outside of the conditional make the variable go -1. So it will go -1 every frame, and every time the player hits the button it will do +120.

Nightfight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[DPOST]@Nightfight [/DPOST]
[MOD]I have already warned you about double-posting 3 times in the last 2 months. This is the fourth and final warning. Next time you will receive an official warning.[/MOD]
You can simply do that with what I showed you above (parallel event). Just change the value when you press the button to something like +120, and outside of the conditional make the variable go -1. So it will go -1 every frame, and every time the player hits the button it will do +120.
Thank you so much for your help and I apologize about double posting (tbh I was kind of unclear of concept. I know that not an excuse but) and I will probably be off the forums for a while to work on my game so thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The end is near. The end is near. The MV era will be passed and people will look the forum about new RPG maker all days. ;_;[Election day all over again] Let accept that you will probably not what you want completely.
C&C Remastered comes out tomorrow! Hyped! Already have it preinstalled on Steam.
Its ironic, how often a person can have something smart to say, when their arrogance is originating from an internal vacuum where emotional intelligence belongs.
Parallax mapping is time consuming...
Let's purchase th... WAIT! Just in time ehehehe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsuna976