Need help with Fullscreen pixel wobbly...ness...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by HomelessWilliam, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HomelessWilliam

HomelessWilliam Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    I recently got a new computer and transfered my RPG maker project to it. But when I play test the game the pixels are all weird. Its kinda like theyre fighting to fit on the screen. Some pixels disappear, and overall it looks distracting and ugly. On my old computer the game was displayed pixel perfect. Does anybody know what to do?

EDIT when the game is not fullscreen, and its a medium sized window in the middle of the screen, the pixels are perfect.

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The full-screen option for VX Ace simply stretches the image to fit your screen. If your screen resolution is not the same as VX Ace normal window (540 x 416 means a 4:3 resolution) they are stretched in a weird way. Unless you use a script for your full screen to actually resize the window, that much is bound to happen.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it sounds as if your display driver has problems handling non-standart screen sizes.

usually display drivers create black borders around the smaller 540x416 to get to the next standard size of 640x480. Do you see these borders or are you getting a true full screen?

4. HomelessWilliam

HomelessWilliam Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    I have made the window to be 640 x 360 and it does not show any borders, it is widescreen. I also have the fullscreen ++ script running. It is true fullscreen, only the pixels are weird. This all worked without the pixels acting up on my previous computer.

If you have ever used a scale or zoom script and zoom in at an uneven number like 223 percent, it is the same effect as to how the pixels are kinda "jittering around".