Need help with GTBS (Gain EXP on Counter, AI help)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Dr. Spacebar, Jun 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Spacebar

Dr. Spacebar Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been using GubiD's Tactical Battle System and have run into three issues that will cause trouble down the line. I've searched the web and the related sites and even looked at the script, but couldn't figure anything out. If anyone can help me resolve these issues, I'd appreciate it greatly.

1: The script gives every battler a counterattack if the enemy attacking them is within their range, much like in Fire Emblem. When actors attack or use their skills, they gain EXP; however, when an actor counterattacks an enemy, they don't gain EXP for it. This is problematic if a high-exp boss is killed with a counterattack, and it makes more sense for counterattacks to grant EXP like regular attacks.

2: You can check friendly and hostile attack ranges, as expected in a tactical RPG. But, while friendly attack ranges will show the range of the target's skills if it is outside of their normal attack and movement ranges (for example, a mage with a 1-3 range spell and a 1-range attack), hostile skill ranges will not show up.

Fixed this by setting "if act.kind == 1" in [GTBS] Game_Enemy's attack_skill_range method to "if act.kind == nil". act.kind must not have been set. Weird.

3: GTBS comes with a means of customizing the AI, but no matter what option is selected, enemies sometimes refuse to approach their target if it's not in immediate range, instead randomly moving or (most of the time) just standing still. This includes enemies that can hit them from outside their attack range (like an archer over a wall). I would like a number of enemies to charge toward the nearest target.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Dr. Spacebar

Dr. Spacebar Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Further thinking on #3: If I could get each enemy that isn't in range of anything to calculate the path it'd take to the nearest target if it had all the movement in the world (let's say 100), then go as far along that path as it could on each turn, that'd be great. Maybe I'll look into how the movement works when I'm less sleepy.