RMMZ need help with Hud Maker Ultra. can't get icons to show properly on my custom hud.

Fidens_Libertas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so i made a decent original hud for battles but i ran into a small issue, that being that i sorta can't get it to show icons for states/buffs/debuffs when the actors have them.

to elaborate on what i mean i'll show the 2 following images.
Screenshot (396).png
this one was not made with Hud Maker but i did use a different plugin to slightly alter it's appearance. you notice the "atk" and "def" icons? well with what i made with Hud Maker i can't figure out how to make those icons show.

Screenshot (397).png
this second image is what i made with Hud Maker, the actors here have the same buffs on them but the icons aren't showing and i can't figure out how to make them show. i can get state icons to show but they somehow cause their own problem where they show anyway for empty party slots even though they shouldn't.

so does anyone have the solution to my problem? and i know jack **** about scripting so if i have to mess with that i'm gonna need detailed instructions.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so i made a decent original hud for battles but i ran into a small issue, that being that i sorta can't get it to show icons for states/buffs/debuffs when the actors have them.

to elaborate on what i mean i'll show the 2 following images.
View attachment 246210
this one was not made with Hud Maker but i did use a different plugin to slightly alter it's appearance. you notice the "atk" and "def" icons? well with what i made with Hud Maker i can't figure out how to make those icons show.

View attachment 246211
this second image is what i made with Hud Maker, the actors here have the same buffs on them but the icons aren't showing and i can't figure out how to make them show. i can get state icons to show but they somehow cause their own problem where they show anyway for empty party slots even though they shouldn't.

so does anyone have the solution to my problem? and i know jack **** about scripting so if i have to mess with that i'm gonna need detailed instructions.
You create an Icon in Hud Maker, then change the "Display Condition" then go to "Check Actor". Then change the "Condition" like shown below.
HUD Help.PNG
You change the state to whatever state that buff is.

Fidens_Libertas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
okay, i got it working. not quite as aesthetically pleasing as i was hoping for but it at least work so guess i gotta take what i can get.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultragore