FireFistAceG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So I made recolored Damaged sprites for two of my actors. I tried to import it with $ and/or ! but it doesn't fit. This is my first time importing something I made. 

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

$Damaged01-0407.png

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
since you are using a full sprite sheet you don't have to put a $ infront of its name.

Silverskin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your sprite is too small I think. RPG Maker MV has bigger resolutions than ace or previous versions, that's why ur sprites will look weird or won't be accepted.

My Recommendation:

1. Open the character generation tool inside your project editor (the small actor sprite icon)

2. Export the damaged sprite to a location where you can find and edit it.

3. Open the exported damaged sprite in an image editor program (gimp, photoshop)

4. Insert your sprite as a new layer and scale it to the right size. Take the exported file as a template

5. Delete the template so that only your sprite is left

6. Export the image to [Game Folder] / img / characters

Hope I could help you mate!

FireFistAceG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I tried it without the $ but it only does half of the character(Included picture)

da.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All sprites need to follow the same basic structure of 3x4 equal-sized elements (or 12x8 in case of a full spritesheet).

Your original picture did not follow that structure, so the engine selected a incomplete part of the sprite.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemvall