Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I'm currently working with Chrono Engine, and most of it seems to be working well, and everything seems
to be in place (Toolmap is properly in 001, etc) but when I go to attack or use a skill, I just get a buzzer sound effect, and my characters are unable to do anything but defend for the turn.

It's important to note that the enemies are still able to attack my party just like normal.
The basic attack has everything set up for it to work, so I just don't know what could be causing this issue.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Karb

Last edited:

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE:

So I looked into the .js file of Chrono Engine.
Right here is where there seems to be a problem.

1609424960250.png

Basically, it seems that there's a fail safe when the game cannot choose the attack option, so instead of crashing it just plays a buzzer SFX.
I'm not literate in Javascript, does anyone know why the game might be running into an issue here?

thesupernova

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the way the weapon is designed. If you're working off of the demo then you'll notice that the Lightbringer weapon functions perfectly in ABS mode but it isn't useable in Chrono mode. In order for the weapon to work in Chrono mode you need to edit the value of tool_position. For Chrono mode the weapon event (the one on the tool map) needs to have the comment tool_position : move_to_target in order for it to work. This is one thing I've been trying to find a workaround for. Since I use both modes in my game I don't want to have to re-equip the weapons every time I switch modes. Especially since players probably aren't gonna know which mode they're playing at any given time. Unfortunately, I'm javascript illiterate too, but I just figured this out the other day so I had to pass on what I learned. Hopefully that's helpful to you.

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if you have a weapon locked or sealed onto a character, but weapons wont work if you do have them sealed/locked, for some reason.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out a bit ago, but I forgot to update the thread. Turns out I accidentally removed the weapons from my characters at some point. A bit embarrassing, but now it's working perfectly! Thanks for the help!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keiberus