NEED HELP WITH MY GAME.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i just need help with my game, im new a RPG Maker MV,
I'm creating a game that is based on learning, so my idea was for a character to go through several cities facing other people and in battles ask the player questions and how to give him a type of answer A, B, C, D and the character as you choose if it is correct, it takes the enemy's life, and if the question fails, then the player's life is taken. I don't know if you can create this from the battle mode that comes in the game or if you have to do something different. The general idea is like a trivial where the character is asked random questions and depending on the answer, the enemy or the player is killed until one of them dies. If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you so much

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, sure, you can do that very easily without any special tools.

You will need to create an event that runs in battle from the "Troop" section of the database if this is to occur during a specific battle.

If it's something that can happen in a variety of different battles, create a "Common Event" in the database instead.

Your event will probably end up looking something like this:

Code:
◆Text:Monster(3), Window, Bottom
:    :I am the trivia minotaur. Fear my wrath.
:    :What is the average air speed velocity of an
:    :unlaiden swallow?
◆Show Choices:11 MPH (17.7 KMH), 22 MPH (35.4 KMH), What kind of swallow? African or European? (Window, Right, #1, #2)
:When 11 MPH (17.7 KMH)
  :    :Wrong! YOU DIE NOW!
  ◆Show Battle Animation:#1 Quiz Minotaur, Fire All 3
  ◆Wait:60 frames
  ◆Change HP:Entire Party, - 9999 (Allow Knockout)
  ◆
:When 22 MPH (35.4 KMH)
  :    :Wrong! YOU DIE NOW!
  ◆Show Battle Animation:#1 Quiz Minotaur, Fire All 3
  ◆Wait:60 frames
  ◆Change HP:Entire Party, - 9999 (Allow Knockout)
  ◆
:When What kind of swallow? African or European?
  :    :W-What? I don't know that!
  ◆Show Battle Animation:#1 Quiz Minotaur, Hit Physical
  ◆Wait:20 frames
  ◆Change Enemy HP:Entire Troop, - 9999 (Allow Knockout)
  ◆
:End
You will then need to set up the conditions under which the event will run. For example... the start of turn 1. End of turn 1. So that the game knows when to run your event.

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, a Holy Grail reference. I see you are a man of culture as well.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly relevant, just throwing this out there~
Actually, if the quiz simply determines who gets to act each turn, I'm pretty sure that could be done without even resorting to Force Action! :kaojoy: Here's an idea, using troop events:
  • Have two troop event pages:
    1. Condition Turn 0; Span Battle (run once, before the first turn's input phase)
    2. Condition Turn 1*X, Turn End; Span Turn (run once at the end of every turn)
  • Have one common event per enemy type (assuming you want different enemies to ask different questions).
  • In the troop events, simply call the appropriate common event (as mentioned, you can randomise it or something if needed).
  • Make a special "stun" state in the database. This will be applied to either the enemies or the player party, to prevent them from acting next turn. Set the restriction to Cannot Move, and disable all the Remove Conditions (it will be added/removed by the event). You can also leave the icon blank to make it invisible to the player!
  • In the common event(s), try something like this:
    Code:
    ◆Comment:Remove stun from everyone~
    ◆Change State:Entire Party, - QuizStun
    ◆Change Enemy State:Entire Troop, - QuizStun
    ◆Comment:This will get switched on if the answer is correct.
    ◆Control Switches:#0001 Correct Answer = OFF
    ◆Comment:Get question number...
    ◆Control Variables:#0001 question = Random 1..3
    ◆Comment:Ask the question!
    ◆If:question = 1
      ◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
      :    :A red traffic light means...?
      ◆Show Choices:Go!, Stop!, Danger! (Window, Right, #1, #2)
      :When Go! 
        ◆
      :When Stop! 
        ◆Comment:Correct, flip the switch!
        ◆Control Switches:#0001 Correct Answer = ON
        ◆
      :When Danger! 
        ◆
      ◆
    :Else
      ◆If:question = 2
        ◆Comment:etc
        ◆
        ◆Comment:etc
        ◆
      ◆
    ◆Comment:Check if answer was correct...
    ◆If:Correct Answer is ON
      ◆Comment:Correct! Stun enemies!
      ◆Change Enemy State:Entire Troop, + QuizStun
      ◆
      ◆Comment:Incorrect! Stun party!
      ◆Change State:Entire Party, + QuizStun
      ◆
I'm putting together a li'l demo project of this approach; I expect to finish it up sometime Thursday or Friday and will post it here when I do, we'll see how it goes. ^_^

Edit @Josip: OK here's the promised demo in case you're interested~ link (6.3 MB zip). I put in a bunch of silly questions, it's just for demo purposes. :kaothx:
It's the same idea as what @yeahchris suggested, just more technical details. I also briefly outlined an alternative approach earlier in that thread using Yanfly's Action Sequences.

Note that troop events are more limited than map events; if you're not using any of the default battle mechanics then you'll probably find it easier to keep everything on the map. :kaophew:

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone for the support, i will try that and see what i can do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.
Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.
Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isabelx10