hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
As the two pink circles in the attached map pic file,

the tree should be under the shadow. How can I achieve this?

The other is the ladder. It seems "downward" rather than "upward",

which means actors should move up, from the higher layer down to the plain.

And please,

criticize the three houses design.

I need improvement advice.

Thanks!

zmap.png

Valkyriet

Pocket Panda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since you asked for feedback, here's my two cents : first off, those trees look very weird because they seem to be growing on the hedge. Either remove the forest cover entirely and place just a hedge, or vice versa. As for the houses, I don't understand those little triangular corners; they don't fit in with the rest of the roof. Additionally, it looks like you used a floor tile for the rooftop, because the slopes are hay-colored, and then all of a sudden, dark brown. I don't know if that's part of the MV RTP since I don't own MV, but it just looks a bit strange.

Also, why is the signpost in such an odd location? It's situated in a corner, and I don't see what purpose it serves, unless you can travel through the hedge on the left. The tree trunk next to the house also feels out of place because the other tree in the background is much thinner and it looks inconsistent. Why not place some nice roads as well?

I think the problem with the cliff steps is that you have placed it on the wrong side. Those are the front-facing steps, but since your character/s will have their backs facing the screen when they descend down to the plain, it looks wrong. Again, I don't know if MV has steps that will fit in. One way to solve this would be to extend your cliff three tiles to the right (or left), put in the cliff walls, and place the stairs there.

Hope this helps.

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
It seems that I failed to understand the "real purposes' of the tiles.

Thanks for your professional feedback.

Edit: I just finished the roofs and the cliff for descending.

Map003.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardrockmessi12