FuryDr00d

Druid of the Alliance!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a system for naming things? Like People, or monsters, or worlds, or places in general? I am so lacking creativity, and was wondering if anyone had a system. One of my friend's systems, which I hate is rearranging letters from a normal word. For the name of a castle He Said Castle Elsact. (Castle rearranged) Got any others?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
VXAce Support forum is for 'How do I do this?' sort of questions.  It's for specific problem-solving, rather than a discursive look at some general aspect of game making.

Therefore

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you. 

EDIT

Except that - embarrassingly - it doesn't seem to have moved.  I shall have to get this sorted out.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can always use an online name generator. If it's for like a medieval or fantasy type of game, Wizard's of the Coast has one here:

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/article5.asp?x=dnd/dx20010202b

I go with names that just come to me, or if I just want one that I like the sound of, I mix letters together until something forms. Then I make sure it's not some sort of foul-meaning word via google search. I started adding the search to the method after seeing a few people put together words without realizing they had a...dirty/terrible meaning. Luckily haven't come up with a foul word myself.  :rock-right:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.
I urge *every single one of you* to play this demo from Mhin Ra: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/players-wanted-for-alpha-long-journey-to-farewell.123326/. It's simply amazing, it's a very high quality product with very good gameplay. This amount of effort must be recognized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moge-mic