FuryDr00d

Druid of the Alliance!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a system for naming things? Like People, or monsters, or worlds, or places in general? I am so lacking creativity, and was wondering if anyone had a system. One of my friend's systems, which I hate is rearranging letters from a normal word. For the name of a castle He Said Castle Elsact. (Castle rearranged) Got any others?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
VXAce Support forum is for 'How do I do this?' sort of questions.  It's for specific problem-solving, rather than a discursive look at some general aspect of game making.

Therefore

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you. 

EDIT

Except that - embarrassingly - it doesn't seem to have moved.  I shall have to get this sorted out.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can always use an online name generator. If it's for like a medieval or fantasy type of game, Wizard's of the Coast has one here:

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/article5.asp?x=dnd/dx20010202b

I go with names that just come to me, or if I just want one that I like the sound of, I mix letters together until something forms. Then I make sure it's not some sort of foul-meaning word via google search. I started adding the search to the method after seeing a few people put together words without realizing they had a...dirty/terrible meaning. Luckily haven't come up with a foul word myself.  :rock-right:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rate61