Need help with temporary party members

BuzzGaming57

Big Chungus - Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am currently working on a project (on VX Ace) where I need to have temporary party members in my game from time to time. This would work similarly to earthbound and how you can have temporary party members that don't fight with you during actual encounters/battles. I have scoured the forums but every link that somebody has recommended is either for a different engine or the link itself is broken, I would really appreciate it if somebody could recommend a script.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that tsukihime had a pet follower script that can be used for something like that, and most of her scripts are still available if you search her blog directly.
However, you need to search the blog directly instead of going through her list topic, because about half of her links go to a site that no longer exists for detailed descriptions and tutorials that had been placed there, before linking back to her block for the script download itself.
If you search for the script name on the blogsite itself, then you get the link to the download topic without being redirected to the tutorial topics that no longer exist.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mr. Bubble Party Guests

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is why I referred you to tsukihime, her pet and follower scripts are mostly still available on her site

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I keep getting an interpreter error every time I try to add party guests.
Have you started a new game after adding the script? You cannot continue saved games after that.

If you did start a new game, then make a new topic and give us a screenshot of the error. with links to the script
However, 90% of such interpreter errors are either a mistype in the event command "script" or an incompatibility between several different scripts added. So you better also give screenshots of the event that causes the error.

BuzzGaming57

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
err1.PNG err2.PNG

I'm fairly new to rpg maker vx ace, so this might just be a stupid mistake.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BuzzGaming57
The mistake is add_actor(actor_id)
which is suppose to be add_actor(16)

BuzzGaming57

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BuzzGaming57
The mistake is add_actor(actor_id)
which is suppose to be add_actor(16)
Okay thanks, I think it works now?

The guest party member isn't following me on the map now, which was the thing I was looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
What I would give to actually get some feedback on my game...
// Gives his message plugin the ability to evaluate any string as a function call and stuff it into MV's update cycle.
// Finally makes his Randomizer not require his message plugin to operate at efficient levels.
Progress! Now I just need my Randomizer to not need one other plugin function. :kaoswt:
*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanoLovesYou