Need help with tilesets

Goblin_King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys im new to rpg maker and I wanted to try make a dark theme game like bloodbore but i cant find the perfect tilesets.
Could someone give a newbie like me a hand?

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Resource Support.

It would be helpful if you could explain a bit about what part of making tilesets is causing you problems. If it's getting them set up properly, I find it helpful to use one of the default sets as a guide.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@hiddenone They're asking for help finding them, not making them, this is the wrong place.

@Goblin_King Referencing a game isn't going to do you much good, most of the people who can help you probably haven't played it. Could you give a visual reference or describe "dark" better? Also, could you tell us what engine you're using? It makes a big difference on what tiles to recommend.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm Whoops, thanks for that catch. Clearly my coffee hasn't kicked in today yet. :rswt

Moving to Resource Requests.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two "dark" themed sets come to mind:

Medieval series by PVGames
Pop Horror series by Vexed

Goblin_King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone They're asking for help finding them, not making them, this is the wrong place.

@Goblin_King Referencing a game isn't going to do you much good, most of the people who can help you probably haven't played it. Could you give a visual reference or describe "dark" better? Also, could you tell us what engine you're using? It makes a big difference on what tiles to recommend.
like FANTASTIC BUILDINGS: MEDIEVAL I thought i could use that for RPG Maker MV but i read that rpg mv have a problem with this pack so im having difficulties of buying the pack or just find new one

and if your wandering what kind of dark theme here is the image hope you understand the concept
1594570981082.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, you want gothic tiles.

Fantastic Buildings Medieval is made for a 32x32 tile size. You can buy them and upscale them if you don't mind a slight quality drop due to the computer having to make up what goes in those 50% more pixels. So it's not that it can't work in MV, just that it needs a little extra help doing so. For upscaling, I think this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...l-scale-pixel-art-with-xbr-xbrz-or-hq.104843/ is the best option for a project like this. It has an option that helps the upscaled tiles not bleed the guesswork onto the tile next to it.

I know there are other gothic tiles around here, I just can't personally remember where. But I'm sure someone else will.

Goblin_King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, you want gothic tiles.

Fantastic Buildings Medieval is made for a 32x32 tile size. You can buy them and upscale them if you don't mind a slight quality drop due to the computer having to make up what goes in those 50% more pixels. So it's not that it can't work in MV, just that it needs a little extra help doing so. For upscaling, I think this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...l-scale-pixel-art-with-xbr-xbrz-or-hq.104843/ is the best option for a project like this. It has an option that helps the upscaled tiles not bleed the guesswork onto the tile next to it.

I know there are other gothic tiles around here, I just can't personally remember where. But I'm sure someone else will.
so all i have to do is upscale the Fantastic Buildings Medieval tile so that it can work well with rpg mv?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yup, since Ace and MV have the same tile structure, there's nothing other than scale to worry about.

Goblin_King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup, since Ace and MV have the same tile structure, there's nothing other than scale to worry about.
ok I'll try your idea thank you
by the way do you know the what size should i change it?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It needs to be 150% bigger than before for all of them. Some of the resizers don't allow for that percentage so it works if you go up by 300% then down by 50% as well.

Goblin_King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It needs to be 150% bigger than before for all of them. Some of the resizers don't allow for that percentage so it works if you go up by 300% then down by 50% as well.
ok thank you @Sharm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber