Need Help with Timer and Troop Events

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Nerdboy, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Veteran Veteran

hi, im trying to add personality to each enemy by having it so short random blurps are outputted on message window during combat based on If else timer conditionals. What i'm having trouble with is, that the timer in troop events never goes off for some reason. here's what i got so far,

page one troop event

turn end = moment (so every turn it repeats)

switch on

page two troop event

condtion = switch on = moment (so every time switch is on it repeats)

if timer => 1 minute

text message output

else

nothing

end

switch off

not sure what im doing wrong with timer, how do you use it effectively? i read it generally only works with autorun but how do i autorun in troop event?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please post screenshots of your troop events.

Troop events behave differently than map events, and even if that were not the case your description misses the important infos like the conditions under which the events run and their span (I'm talking about the first troop event especially)

3. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Assuming your Timer is running and your "Timer" conditional branch has been created correctly (i.e. you used Or More/Or Less correctly), this should theoretically work... however, it's possible that the bizarre (and processor-inefficient) structure of your troop event conditions is causing the events to simultaneously activate and deactivate so that it never reads their contents.  I would suggest making a single event with condition "Turn 1 + 1X, When End of Turn" or "Turn 0 + 1X, When End of Turn", and using scope Turn instead of Moment.  Get rid of the switch unless you have a good use for it elsewhere, and even then, don't use it as part of this page's conditions.

4. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Veteran Veteran

got it to work thanks to you wavelength but it lags really bad with timer on. so i decided to just use turn end span turn with random variables triggering random blurps at end of turn each time, similar but less lag. plus theres no timer at top right corner shown.