Roulette Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good Afternoon,

I am currently having problems with my weather looping.
I have it all set and frames are correct, the only issue that I am having is that the weather looping transfers to other maps that are connected to the map ( like sub maps created under a certain map ).

Is there a way to fix this because once the weather starts in the one map and you decided to enter a house ( another map ) the weather follows through and it ends up raining inside the house.

~ RouletteBunnie

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - because the computer can't know which map is supposed to be outside or inside. Don't forget that the computer is basically a very stupid calculating machine.

What is usually done is to make parallel processes with weather:none and erase event as commands on the inside maps.

On the outside maps, similiar but checking what weather it should be and starting it again.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Although, given that weather is the kind of "Screen" effect that you'd never want to use indoors, I could definitely see the utility in a script that would suppress weather effects on a map notetagged with <no_weather> and restore them once you leave that map!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe simpler to use something like Moghunter's weather script, set the weather where you want it with a parallel process (followed by erase event command) and on your transfers to other maps where you don't want the weather, include the script call weather_stop

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just turn the weather off when you enter a building or dungeon.

What do you mean by "weather looping"? The weather doesn't "loop". If you've got it in a parallel process event to start, you should erase that event after the weather command - you don't need to "loop" weather to have it continue. It will just stay there until you turn it off.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basically as Shaz said you just need to turn the weather on once, after that you only need to turn it of as your change maps and turn it back on as you go outside. 

though a good idea for going into houses and other buildings if you have weather on with a background sound would be as you shut of the weather keep the sound on, but reduce the sound so it sounds like there is still a storm outside.

-edit-

If you want I have a game demo that uses weather part way into it if you'd like to see good use of stormy conditions with events

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the review stages for Pixacrea to be put up on Steam :) Coming Soon page... hopefully coming soon ;)
since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzz