Need help with Yanfly Regen and DoT R

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by TD088, Nov 12, 2018.

1. TD088

TD088 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been trying to implement regen over time spell that heals everyone for 2 points of damage at the end of every turn. Part of the strategy of the game is to balance regen effects with incoming DoT damage, so this is crucial to certain fights. However, when enemies deal enough damage to kill the characters with their DoTs and they have a regen effect going at the same time, the characters are instantly revived! With an extra point in defense, no less! Any assistance anyone could provide would be extremely helpful. I am using Yanfly's Extended Damage Over Time script in RPGMaker MV. To make things easier, I'll post a format of what the turns look like. My character will be named Michael, and the enemy will be Assassin.

Round 1 -

Michael has been beaten up, so he currently has 3 HP. He uses Regeneration Aura, a spell that will heal him for 2 HP at the end of the current round.

Assassin uses Dire Strike, which causes 2 points of damage (reducing Michael's HP to 1) and poisons Michael for 3 HP damage at the end of the current round.

End of Round 1 -

Michael's Regen and DoT effects take effect. His DoT effect takes effect first, causing 3 points of damage from the poison. Michael would be at -1, so he is killed, and the collapse sound plays. He briefly leaves the field for a second or so. Next, his Regen spell takes effect, healing him for 2 points of damage. This actually has the effect of REVIVING him from death, and leaving him with 2 HP.

Round 2 starts with Michael alive with 2 HP, and he is not suffering from poison or his Regen spell anymore. The same thing happens with the enemies if the same situation occurs.

____

I don't wish the game to act this way =/ When the character dies, they're supposed to stay dead. Is there a way to get the regen effect to play first, or to stop it from running if the character is supposed to die? I've checked all around but to no luck. I think him dying has the unintended effect of adding the +1 to defense, since none of his abilities or buffs do that.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.