theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey hey people, I recently installed Yanfly's quest journal and I've started learning how to add and show quests. But I'm getting this weird bug where HTML commands show up in the quest details window. I went ahead and went into the quest details menu and deleted the HTML commands and now the quest won't show up! The quests available tab is still 1 as if one is available though. I'll include a screen shot and the link to the plug in. Any advice on how to fix this?
(Also the words are cutting off early which is an easy fix, but it's doing it for the quest journal tutorial too. And bonus ideas on a simple fix? If not, no biggie)
1638573279301.png1638573429364.pngBefore deleting HTML commands
1638573521476.png
After deleting the HTML commands
QUICK IMPORTANT EDIT: I added the HTML events back in and now the quest still isn't coming back up. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated
Plug in link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Quest_Journal_System_(YEP)

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are your yanfly plugins in the correct order?
they have to be in exactly the order given on yanfly's website, or they are known to create strange effects.

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they have to be in exactly the order given on yanfly's website, or they are known to create strange effects.
I don't believe so, I'll look into that and update this thread if anything changes

theweirdnerd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went ahead and installed CoreEngine and Message Core and put them higher in the tier list than QuestJournal. This seemed to fix the HTML command issue! Thanks you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trashcanislandd