Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A Few things about the Game :

So, I have started planning this short 20 Minute Survival / Exploration Game where you play as a Girl in her early 20s, who heads off on a Journey to a Tropical Forest and tries her best to survive alone for 2 Weeks in the Forest. She is on a Mission to find something important to her (I'm still working on the Main Story and the Ending at this point).

Initially I thought I would make this Forest Map into one big 60 x 60 Map which would evolve with time and have its own weather and events. However, Now I feel its better if i split it up into smaller maps based on different Biomes, for the sake of Game Progression and also ease of mapping and event-ing (Is that even a word ?? Lol..)

So anyway,

Can you help me think of 4 additional Biomes / Terrain / Environments that would compliment each other while also appearing to be linked to a Forest Setting ?

Example : Forest [Beginning Map] -> River -> Marsh -> Cliffs -> A Cultist Cave [Ending Map]

The only Requirement is that they must all appear somewhat connected to each other and also to a "Forest" theme if possible since the game revolves around a "Forest" Setting.

Thanks in advance for any Ideas offered !

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to star off, 60x60 isn't that big so why split up?
if you want only 1 map to walk through with obstacles here and there,
why not using 150x150 map or 200x200 map? if it lags for purpose or weaker pc's
split it among 4x 50x50.

main ground can have grass, softgrass (to walk on), Mud (slippery), tiny water pools.
Water Biome: near or around forest water
Forest Biome: around or coverd with leaves, climb plants, moss etc
Mud Biome: covered in mud, sand, dirty, but very slipperly inside of muds, water, lots of obstacles
???? Biome: underground biome, hard to discover, alot of rock, so you need to dig a way through it.

cliffs are usefull when you need to climb or go over it to get to the other side, while you
cant go around it, but you need to gain required items (chain, rope, claws, pickaxe or idk.

Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Changing of biomes could even be something as simply as moving from a forest that is encompassed and within large cliffs, moving into a deeply condensed forest with lots of brush and small wildlife, moving into a more sparse forest with larger clearings and flat plain areas for larger wildlife and ending with stream and muddy areas with more sparse trees but lots of aquatic style plants nearby with animals that rely on the water. This is just a more natural example of the ways that these environments can relate together.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while biomes can be usefull for envirnoment, it's also your imagination how the game is build.
you can also edit for different colors and part it with green, orange, yellow, pink, blue leafs.
that correspond to an element or lightsource or in that direction.

most games have elements in it, or element magic. but its entirely up to you which biome
and how its build if its related or not. you can go so many ways you want or like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti