Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, i am making this Mini Survival game which only has minimal amount of maps, Database Items and Enemies and is my attempt to make my first "Minimalist Game" in RPG Maker MV. it does have Combat, but not as much as your Typical RPG.

To make do with minimal resources, I plan to keep the Player busy with Crafting and other such fun "Side" Mechanics like Cooking or Gathering (Nothing too complicated, All Simple events since I'm a beginner and not that great at event-ing).

These Hobbies / Side Professions will be linked to the Game progress in some way, Not in a Direct way but player can certainly notice a difference if they don't develop their Profession. Having planned this, I needed more ideas. The only condition is that they must somehow relate to the theme or Setting of the Zone / Map in some way.

Here are some of my Current Plans :

Map Theme : A Riverside Grassland
Hobby : A Make-shift Tent
Idea : Sleep to pass Time and recover your Energy

Map Theme : A Dark Forest
Hobby : Gathering Mechanic
Idea : Gathering Fruits and Berries from Plants

Map Theme : A Toxic Marsh
Hobby : Any Ideas ???

Map Theme : A Hidden Cavern

Map Theme : An Abandoned Ruins

All Ideas and Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think for the toxic marsh you could introduce either making medicine/antidotes or make weapons based on poison.
The hidden cavern could be for hunting and food gathering (depending on how well populated the cavern is)
The abandoned ruins could be good for making traps or stealth practice.

Those are just my quick ideas.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the toxic marsh, neutralising the toxic stuff! For the abandoned ruins, treasure hunting! For the hidden cavern, umm... making a fire and drying your wet clothes?

Ragen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
I like the treasure hunting idea ... though I cannot think of something more time consuming than building dungeons and maps ... so you would need a lot of help of it take a lot of time to finish the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaywees