Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
(Okay so I'm not sure where to post this tho general seems best fitting - but please move if needed)

So I am currently working on a longterm project that aims to be very inclusive in charcaters, character stories and romance options but I would like some insights on things.
Now I know what I am asking is highly personal to most and most won't be willing to share - which I can fully understand (being a gay male myself) but I grew up with "No is the answer you have, yes is the answer you can get" and since I want to be as sincere in my representation of characters as I can i will at least try to get more insights before crafting these characters.

So what I am looking for are ppl that fall under any letter of the LBGTQ (etc) range that are willing to answer some questions on the subject in PM (ofcourse!) to help me understand, gain insight and craft better characters and character stories.

Being a gay male myself I have some insight into that hoever any gay male wanting to chip in is still welcomed to as not everyone deals with things the same way xD
I also already have some insight in genderfluid ppl and FTM Trans ppl but more insights are always welcome!

I am mainly looking for Adrogynous ppl, A-Sexual/A-gender but not A-romantic ppl, MTF Trans ppl, gay female ppl (cuase yes ppl there is a difference between being a gay male or a gay female lol).

But anyone that is willing to answer some questions and share some insights is more then welcome!

Questions I might ask will include but are not limmited to : self identification and emotions, views on romance, biggest hurdles to overcome, cringeworthy moments, behaviour that is or is not tied to gender-identity, etc.

Anyway, I dont really expect many replies but will welcome any I do get :)

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I'm quite openly gay, but I'm a guy so it's not super helpful to what you need. Still if you want any info about my experiences I am an open book. Just send me a message.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TheGentlemanLoser it felt weird to write lesbian as all the others ended with ppl aswell (i know its a weird detail to focus on lol).

And not all lesbians are female as some trans ppl i know also identify as lesbian and i do specifically mean cis female lesbians in this case ;)

arsMori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
gay and asexual FTM dude here, i'm open to answering questions!

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also down to answer questions/help! (though I’m also a gay man so I may not have too much to add)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you to everyone already responding to this! Pretty cool to see so Many willing to share insight and experience to craft a better representation in games!

Gotten more responses alteady then i expected :D

Androgynous tho is still pretty much lacking from the list sadly. So if anyone fits that Bill specifically that would be great!

to all others please keep responding as more insight is always good and helps finetune characters and stories even more :)

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bisexual cis female, though I'm not sure if that's useful..?

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am asexual female, hit me up with a private message if you want to talk.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pan trans woman. Sure, ask me if you still need the advice.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
just a thought:
the term "inclusivity" implies "segregation" as a fact in the first place.

don't "include" characters..... *make* characters.
them being either sexual orientation should be of no consequence.
give the inclusion for a fact, not the segregation for a fact only to then "patch" it with "inclusivity"

in fact, "inclusivity" doesn't even exist as a word.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
just a thought:
the term "inclusivity" implies "segregation" as a fact in the first place.

don't "include" characters..... *make* characters.
them being either sexual orientation should be of no consequence.
give the inclusion for a fact, not the segregation for a fact only to then "patch" it with "inclusivity"

in fact, "inclusivity" doesn't even exist as a word.
True but i do need to get a point across to what i am searching for in a way that doesn't get overlooked and english isnt my main language so yeah xD

And Lets face it but that segregation still exists especially in games even if It is by the trend of being inclusive for the sake of inclusivity

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm bi, totally openly gay. Feel free to PM me if this helps?

Last edited:

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a nonbinary lesbian (AFAB, she/they pronouns), feel free to shoot me a message!

anyrei

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
german/english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm non binary pansexual (they/them)! I love that you're doing this! <3 Feel free to message me too!

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love finding out some of my fave forum peeps are part of the "alphabet mafia". :)
I'm also a gay-ish male, not quite in line with your ask, but I am totally down to answer whatever Q's you may have. :)

-MIA

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love finding out some of my fave forum peeps are part of the "alphabet mafia". :)
I'm also a gay-ish male, not quite in line with your ask, but I am totally down to answer whatever Q's you may have. :)

-MIA
We of the "Alphabet Mafia" will rule the world... because we're alphabetsome.

I will die for bad puns!!!

Although I admit, it's nice to know yer not the only one on the forums. I mean statisticly it would be improbable that you would be, but it's nice to know!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We of the "Alphabet Mafia" will rule the world... because we're alphabetsome.

I will die for bad puns!!!

Although I admit, it's nice to know yer not the only one on the forums. I mean statisticly it would be improbable that you would be, but it's nice to know!
I can add that those responding on this thread are only the ones comfortable enough to do so openly. I have had many more responses in PM.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadlightBC