Need more recruits for "Colonist" - VXA

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Pixel Brady, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good to hear! This game is high on my hype list!

2. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry mate, schoolwork's piling up so I may not be able to deliver as promised for a bit. I'll check back in as soon as I'm free, I'd still love to help.

3. Pixel Brady

Pixel Brady Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, well that's a shame then. We do need an artist for the front cover, face portraits, map graphics, anythin' an artist wants to do, I was hopi'n' we'd have one by now, sadly not :(

Cheers for offerin' anyway :)

4. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here are the issues that I've run into soo far...

Issue numero uno:

The "Dig the cave and find any useful items or materials" task didn't go green. But I got a bunch of things (Wood, plank, coal, shrooms) and returned to town, leveled up and got the next task... but the second part of the first task still isn't green :wacko:

Issue #2:

I got all tuckered out and headed back to town... after wandering for a bit trying to figure out how to get my Stamina back up I just left for the second cave. Immediately upon leaving, my Stamina was full. Not sure if that is intentional... but if it is there should be a hint saying "To recuperate return to, and then leave, your Home Village.

Issue #3

I headed out for the cave around midnight... and immediately afterwards it started to rain. The Screen tint of night, combined with the weather effects, made it nearly pitch black in the cave. If that is on purpose we should either incorporate lanterns/torches, or allow a wait/sleep function to pass time until morning.
    Other than that, all is gravy!! I like the day/night cycle, and the weather cycle... it's a very cool!

I'm interested in offering some of my time to this project... as long as it is understood that I work 8-5:15 Monday to Friday. I get the first and third Friday of the month off... so I have two long weekends per month.

I'm pretty new to RM, but I've learned quickly and feel that I can be of use. I'm a decent writer, and still have some imagination floatin' round my noggin. I'm confident in my mapping, eventing, and parallaxing. If you give me a 'test' of sorts, to feel out my skills... I'd be happy to take it! As I said, first and third Friday off... so I'm free tomorrow :ph34r:

Tunes:

Here are some of my tunes if you're interested:

Synth/Instrumental

http://soundcloud.co...iet-an-original

Acoustic Guitar/Jam

http://soundcloud.co...ciante-inspired

Synth/Orchestral [Reverb didn't render as intended, so there are some dull and awkward pauses]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNb-TooHj0M

Acoustic Guitar/Folky/Tribal/Blend

http://soundcloud.co...c/v-an-original

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
  5. Todd

Todd Game Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Levi W - Wow your music is amazing. :o

Any way I'll download the demo, it looks really cool so far.

6. Pixel Brady

First Language:
    English
    http://rpgmaker.net/games/4198/?post=385123#post385123

It's another site, but I've gone over some of the current issues and have a few lists of feedback to cover plans for the next update.

@Levi: and aye, like Todd said, your music is fantastic, if there is a test, you passed it, and we could certainly use some music. Problem for us is that a lot of the music is combat, dungeons, bosses etc and we need some more explorationy, chilled, crawler music that's a bit less monster-killing-y xD

You're more than welcome to join the team if you're up for it, and being busy with work isn't an issue, as I don't expect 100% time onto this project :)

edit: I may not have been clear, but you're welcome to help in any way you'd like to, i'm not just saying to join and only work with music!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
  7. Todd

Todd Game Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey I started playing it and I ran into some issues. Also I can't figure out where to sleep.

Capture.PNG

8. Pixel Brady

First Language:
    English
    Aye, so far the indoors rain + night problem is the most commented one, just mainly down to teh fact that I stupidly forgot to notinmap the indoors and such. There's a green furnace in the corner of the room that recovers stamina/ammo, but I've not put in sleep/time skipping yet as I was having trouble with the time script until near the end.

The release is fairly buggy, but we've been sent a lot of feedback and it's been well worth sending it out for testing as there's been a few issues that we completely missed, so think in the end it's been worth it.

9. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English