rpgdreamer

His Royal Highness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Engine: Ace for our scripting needs, but I also own VX and XP.

Synopsis: The game is called Shoutai: Possession, a horror game that is influenced by Japanese horror styles. The game takes place in a haunted suicide forest called Shoutai Forest, where the main character, Ishiko, attempts to find her way out by helping a ghost girl recover her lost belongings. Along the way she is helped by other spirits and attempts to thwart the evil spirits, the Callings, that guard the forest. While Ishiko is the main character, the character from the demo, Chou, is also an important character throughout her time in Shoutai Forest. You can read more about the game synopsis on our game page here, you can also play the demo if you'd like.

We are a two-man team, doing the art, mapping, and eventing ourselves (the demo only has a script for the parallax and the menu), but we are needing a menu that is much more complex than the one that we have, and some other mechanics that would require a script for the interface. The main character is a social media celebrity due to her good looks and fashion sense. We wanted to implement a menu that could be used as her cell phone. The initial menu that pulls up with list "Status" (your HP/MP), "Backpack" (the inventory/currency), "Cellphone" (the more complicated menu), "Hex Files" (Basically the Bestiary for the ghosts), and shutting down the game. Notice there is no save file; there is a save mechanic in the game outside of the menu.

To sum it up shortly, the cellphone would need the option of listing to voicemails (videos we make), reading texts that the character gets throughout the game, surfing an "Instagram" account (so if possible, scrolling through pictures), and a music player (selecting the song would play it as a sound effect as its only a few seconds long, and the ability to count how many times it is played). If some of these are not possible, please let us know. :) The other script we would need is for the interface, as we want the game to implement a sort of "reception bar" mechanic. Basically when you get closer to certain event spaces, the reception gets better and you get more bars on screen. Once the player touches the space they get their little cutscene and a "download", which end up on the cellphone (so either a text, a video, etc).

I believe that is it! I have more details for anyone that decides they wouldn't mind helping. And in return my partner and I will assist in helping you!

Positions/Roles Needed: Need a scripter/coder, someone who doesn't mind answering questions when I am confused on the scripts, and can help us look over things to make sure if we use another script for something (like the parallax one we use, Yami's Overlay Script).

My Role(s)/Position(s): I personally do the writing, the non-scripting eventing, and the artwork for the character busts. We also help with the maps, but my partner, @corvusaraneae and I do them together since we both have different strengths. He also does other artwork (such as the in-game items, the coloring of line art, and some sprite work). While I have my own art and coloring style our demo is the sum of our collaboration and the best way to see what we both can offer you.

Skill Trade: In exchange for scripts we will do either bust artwork (I have a certain style, I cannot mimic the RPG Maker one), or we can make your maps, whether they are the standard RPG Maker maps or parallax ones. I can also help with writing. To see our work, I highly suggest looking at our game page. You can also check out my general art portfolio here (NSFW).

Again, thank you! If you have any questions you can also post them here. You can also PM me!

Last edited:

sigustron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You guys ever look at yanfly? They do all that and are cool with commercial use as long as you give them credit

rpgdreamer

His Royal Highness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@sigustron Yes, we usually take a look at their work whenever we work on something, but there isn't a script that quite does what we want. Thank you for the suggestion, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998