Joey101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can't quite get the backgrounds right, been at this for three hours now and still struggling (I'll admit I'm middling with photoshop), so appreciate the assistance (I'm just about finished my game and this and the story are all that's left to hammer out). As you might have figured out, I'm using dog/wolf folk as central characters in my game, and really need to get the images hammered out.

Jaxton.pngimages.png

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello and welcome!

Cause of the problem:
the image is very polluted, you probably saved it in JPG format at some point.
Even if someone removes it pixel by pixel you will notice that the image has a difference in quality (low)

Solution:
If you can find the base assets, you can recreate them from scratch.
Regardless of the image editor, always use the PNG format (32-Bit for transparency)

Sorry for my bad English.

Joey101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Non, non you're English is quite good, and I have tried saving it in png, and still run into problems. So I would have to go back to the original images, and start working on ridding myself of the background pixels/colours is that it? Sorry if that's a stupid question (I have copies of the original images in photoshop files, and figure I'd ask before making any assumptions.

And yes, I did at some point save both images in jpeg, so shouldn't do that in the future, I gotcha.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
That's right.
When you save an image in JPG it is already polluted, changing the format will not remove the pollution.
This is a term I use in my native language, so I can't explain it precisely.

Good luck

Joey101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's right.
When you save an image in JPG it is already polluted, changing the format will not remove the pollution.
This is a term I use in my native language, so I can't explain it precisely.

Good luck
Oh no I understand, the image was indeed polluted, it is a very analogy and expression in this case. And nothing translates well from my native French, to English all that well either, so don't worry.

Thank you, and good luck to you as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's this for an idea I might do: A Touhou RPG set in the universe of the Hoi4 mod "The New Order: Last Days of Europe". Expect BurgSys Yukari, the Great Fairy Trial, and funni clock Flandre
The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fujihala