Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i was planning to make a Mini Survival Game similar to the game - "Don't Starve", But really much more basic. Here is some Information regarding it :

The Story : You start off as a Lone Camper Girl who is stranded in a Tropical Forest in what is probably a Colonial Age setting - Think of early 1800s. So you set up a Portable Tent and a Bonfire. You get to pick the spot where you decide to camp in this Huge Forest map which also has a couple of Cliffs, Mines and Lake along its edges. From here on, You start your Survival adventure lasting a few days (Currently I hope to plan for only 12 Days, Each Day lasting around 5 mins or so).

The Concept : You try to survive a couple of days in this Forest, Living off the Resources around you. You get to gather berries, face off Wild animals and hunt them for Food (In Extremely simple Turn based combat lasting 2 - 3 turns max) and keep adding more Necessities as days pass (A Cooking Stove, A Food Rack, A Bed) etc to your otherwise pretty tiny and adorable looking tent, with barely anything in it, when you start off. The main aspect of this game is Survival, Gathering and Crafting, With Battles being an additional feature. The Survival element isn't supposed to be too hard and frustrating, more of a relaxed way of game-play.

The Game-play : A Major part of Game-play involves Survival, Learning about various Plants, Animals and Resources around you, Scribbling Notes in your Dairy about how you fared for that day and making sure you don't get exhausted, by eating right and resting right as days pass. Every once in a while (Like once in few days), you come across a Real Battle encounter. Its not your Regular Battle encounter (Mindless grinding) that you find in most rpg games, These Real Battle Encounters need you to be prepared for it and involve very difficult opponents and one wrong move can result in a Game-over. The Player will have sufficient time and warning before they face these Real Battle encounters.

So assuming you read most of the above Wall of text, Here is what i need help with :

- I need a way to explain "Why a Girl decides to head to a Lone Forest all alone and prefers to camp there for a few days." And no, I'm not asking you to give me a Whole Story, I just need Ideas on what kind of situations would drive a Reckless Girl to camp alone in the Forest and survive a few days, against all odds, Also it needs to be linked to the Survival Aspect of this Game. Thanks in advance for any Ideas offered.

Last edited:

Alador

Captain Cute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you possibly do something where the girl wakes up in the forest with no way to get home and she goes camping until she can find a way home?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, if you're talking about colonial days and a girl stranded in a tropical forest by herself... The only thing that sounds plausible is a shipwreck. Maybe a jungle trek for a civilization/archeology, but usually women didn't go on those in that time period.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the 1800s, you'll want to take away the "decide" portion and go with it being a necessity. Perhaps she was travelling from one location to another (Colonial Days or around then? Could go with anything from travelling to a new city for proper education, travelling from a port to an inland town where her family is waiting for her, or even the very common placed she's off to meet the guy her parents said she had to marry) and a disaster fell resulting in her being alone with only a few supplies.

Common disasters that travelers suffered in those days would be anything from bad weather like flash floods (newcomers were drastically unprepared for the weather changes in a lot of inland North America), hungry wolves (that could tie into why she's having to deal with wolves for fights) or poor planning (... Donner Party. Enough said there).

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you mean 'diary.'
Not a Whole back Story: Things that drove her into the woods. Zombie apocalypse. Other monsters/animal/machine/people types overrunning the city/town. Savage Indians. Famine. Plague. I'm not saying it was aliens. But it was definitely aliens. Natural disaster. The whole town gets swallowed up in an Earthquake. Wants to escape a smothering family. Independence. Go on a solo journey for something. Trial by fire or tradition. Hears voices that tell her to live out there. Escaping persecution. Just wakes up there. A mystery she has to solve. Magically/scientifically teleported to another planet. Looking for someone that's lost or hiding out. Other ideas:
7 Types of Conflict in Literature
  • Person vs. Person. ...
  • Person vs. Self. ...
  • Person vs. Fate/God(s) ...
  • Person vs. Nature. ...
  • Person vs. Society. ...
  • Person vs. the Unknown/Extraterrestrial. ...
  • Person vs. Technology/Machinery

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got like a sudden surge of wish lists overnight. :)
headshot_headshot.jpg
The theory has been proved. Based on an invisible image's data(the big red dot in the previous image), RM can identify different parts of an enemy and do something respectively. :kaojoy:
Ok.. coding what should be a simple "everyone is petrified and therefore dead, now go to game over screen" shouldn't involve needing to become Dr. J and dunking from the free throw line(my way of saying "jumping through hoops").
Hmmmm... how many xrays til I get super powers?
..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ketchy