FREE Need testers for The Oni Sellsword

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by woootbm, May 3, 2018.

1. woootbm

woootbm Super Sand Legend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello all! Thanks for checking out my game!

The Oni Sellsword is a short, free game (about 1.5 to 3 hours at most) that needs a bit of QA to make sure it is in the best form possible before I try to get it up on Steam and such.

Note: I have a "live build" for testers to use so no software is required on the tester's part.

WARNING: Game contains vulgar language, sexual dialogue, and blood. It is still within PG-13 limits (none of the listed items are in excessive amounts), but may be enough for an M rating from the ESRB. Ratings boards can be a squeamish bunch.

[​IMG]

Engine: RPG Maker MV

Synopsis: A princess has gone missing and who should answer the call? Why, Xavienne- the snarky oni from another world- of course! Who did you expect? She'll gather two of her "buddies" and journey to hell and back to save her best friend. A simple game and a simple twist with tactical combat and a plot driven by unique characters.

Positions/Roles Needed:
    Playtesters
    QA testers (if possible, more on how this is different from Playtester below)

My Role(s)/Position(s):
    Writing, Combat design, Mapping, Eventing

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is the difference between a QA tester and a Playtester?

A QA tester will be held to more professional expectations and is supposed to find bugs and give more thorough data. A playtester just plays the game for fun and will have a simple form to fill out (which will include a "did you find any bugs" section, but will be a much simpler version).

Why would anyone want to be a QA tester instead of just a Playtester then? That sounds like work!
    Indeed it is work. I have over 4 years of QA work under my belt for various game development companies, so I have the process down pat. I'm simply offering it in case someone would like the experience, and you will be listed in the credits as a QA tester rather than a playtester.

I would like at least 2 playtesters (or QA), but I will take as many as I can get. In order to get a spot in the credits as a playtester, you will have to complete a text form I will send you.

Please PM me on this forum if you are interested in either! I will get you a download link and tester form ASAP!

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  2. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd love to do some QA, I have been wanting to do this for various games and get more experience in this area.

3. woootbm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright! Going hard mode, huh? PM with links incoming.

4. woootbm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Got some good responses so far! Feel free to post in this forum as well if you'd like a spot!

5. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you still want more playtesters, I'd be happy to volunteer. Feel free to PM me whenever. Also, from looking at the screenshot, I'd like to suggest scaling the enemies down to make them similar to the allies' sizes.

6. woootbm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been getting a lot of good feedback! Thanks to those above and others through PM. Thinking about closing this recruitment up soon. So if there's anyone left interested in it, let me know here or in PM!

Vincent Chu likes this.
  7. Saviourself

Saviourself Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey I may be a bit late but I'd be more than happy to help out!

8. woootbm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still got some time, sure. Sending ya a PM :)

9. TheParasiteGuy

TheParasiteGuy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd be keen to be a playtester if you don't have enough people already. I've never done any sort of QA testing, so it's probably best that I don't do that.