Need Testers/Programmers for Youtuber Game (Plus others I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf4564

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hello, Fellows...
I'll be looking for people who knows about "Youtubers"
Especially "Gaming Youtubers."
Meaning, this game will be mainly about Gaming Youtubers.
I've decided that this is "community" project, also I'll be the manager/organizer
since I was the one that made the main "idea"...

1. Map designer
  2. Debug/Coder
  3. Story Line Editor
  4. Character/Resource Grabber
  5. Animator/Artist
If you're one, or 2 of these, let me know...

I don't want to be someone that just asks for something straight away, but
It's the only way to put it out there.
Also I'm just asking if you want to help, I really don't like the word "need".

Basic Plot:
Youtubers VS. The Dark Versions of themselves...
(The Final Boss will not be the Dark version of me, and I'll make it clear By deleting him at first scene.)
(Also there will be Side Missions, where you control the specific youtubers' story. And maybe we'll add some Mini-Games as well.)

Art Style of game:
I'm was planning on having multiple art styles, based on the worlds
that the youtubers are in.

(I was also planning on making it so that the player can choose a(n) art style, but that'll take way to long.)

Worlds/Terrain:
All the worlds are going to be 7x7 big. Which is 49 "Maps" of terrain per World AKA: OverWorlds.
(If this doesn't work, or just to much to do, then the "Community" and I have to figure something else to do "together".)

Length of Game/Demo:
Demo - Long enough that you can Stream it for about 2 Hours, 2 Times. (So about 4 hours Total) (Recommended Time per vid when full game releases - 30 Mins to 1 or 2 Hours)

Probably Useless Info:
Got 78% Jokes & References & have no idea where I'm going to put it in the Main Story
Got 47% Ideas for the game.
(But some of them might be scrapped.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got 4% of Map Design that I can't progress anymore, cause I ran out of Ideas for them.
Got 74% of Map Design on a different game, cause they're mental images from my dreams.

(This shows you how bad I am when it comes to new & unique Map Design.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dropbox:

Make sure you of Dropbox installed. (So I can share the file/project)

GameJolt Page:
http://gamejolt.com/games/youtubers-vs-the-dark-rpg-edition/184621

Some Pictures (These Are Not Final):
Debug Room -

Oops... This is from My Dreams. But I'm to lazy to get rid of it, cause It's the latest/only "Good Looking" Map I have right now. :|

??? -

I'll give you more information, if you agree to help.
I'm not going to give myself any special credit, except the fact that you can play as me (plus some others) with a "OP" cheat.

Last edited:

DarkWolf4564

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, really...? No, feedback as always. I need feedback to "motivate" me!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is a recruitment page, not a feedback page. If you want project feedback, please make a page under those forums, as people don't go here to post feedback on projects.

DarkWolf4564

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought this was kinda both recruit & feedback... But mostly recruiting.

Allsvin

Savant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll test it if you test my game as well.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry to say, but your maps are bland and indicate that your game might not be very interesting.  That could be why nobody is offering to help you.

Your issue with the game lagging does not belong in this thread (and probably has nothing to do with the 2 big maps).  There is a support forum where you can ask about that.  

I also thought you said ALL your maps were going to be 7x7?  NONE of those maps in your screenshot are 7x7.  You will have issues if you make them that small anyway.

I suggest you practice to improve your skills first, before recruiting for a big project.  Your list of roles, and apparent lack of experience, kind of indicates that anyone you recruit will be doing the majority of the work.  It sounds like the many, many "I have an idea for a game but don't know what I'm doing so I want everyone else to make it for me" requests that we get here.  And that's a turn-off.  You've got to be able to do some things fairly well yourself before you start thinking about building a team.

Last edited by a moderator:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sorry to say, but your maps are bland and indicate that your game might not be very interesting.
I must agree with @Shaz here. I mean, I'm not very good at mapping, but, pardon if I'm being rude, taking one glance at these maps I can tell that they were made by a beginner. If you must, use sample maps to help you, but as of right now, Shaz has a point. Nobody wants to work with someone who's new to the engine. 

Your list of roles
Yes, that's another thing, just to clarify this a bit more, but it seems as though you've asked for practically every role on this project, which seriously leaves me wondering what your role is in this. 

Perhaps you should leave this thread, create a game or two by yourself, then come back when you're a little more experienced and have a little more to offer. If you want, you can leave this project as is for now and create a new one. 

DarkWolf4564

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question - Do I just get rid of this topic and make a "new" one? (Better explaining stuff.)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Closing at the request of the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..
It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPatisserie