Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need a plugin to display skill animations when enemies use them in front-view battles, as this isn't possible by default.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping for help

Zetech

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Modify your animations used for ennmy skills and set the position to "Screen". I think this will work because the animation focus in not on a battler.

upload_2019-2-28_10-8-21.png
(Écran means Screen in french)

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have enemies using the Fire Breath skill which is already set to screen but they don't show on the screen. If this were that simple I wouldn't be asking for a plugin to begin with.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bumping for help

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm surprised enemy skill animations don't show by default. Very surprised.

Are you sure it's not due to a plugin you've added? If you start a brand new project, set battles to front view, and give an enemy a skill, doesn't the animation show?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You may wish to check your plug-ins or your project version as this is possible by default as I can do it in my project.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Skill animations play when used by enemies in front-view IF they target themselves (like healing), but they don't play if its a skill targeting actors
(makes sense considering that actors aren't displayed in front-view). What's odd is that the 'fire breath' animation is clearly meant for front-view but it doesn't display in front-view by default.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh - so there are two animations. One is called the "skill" animation, which is shown on the person casting the skill, to show that they're casting the skill. This is the one I thought you were talking about. But now I think you're talking about the animation that would normally play on the target, which of course is not showing as the targets aren't visible in front-view.

Why do you say 'fire breath' is clearly meant for front-view? I don't have my laptop with me at work, but if it's a case of the target being set to 'screen', that's usually what's done when the target is the entire 'enemy' party rather than an individual.

So how do you want it shown - should it play over the name of whoever the target is, in the actor selection window? Or should it just play to the screen? Playing to the screen would be easier to implement.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fire breath animation is a big cloud of flames that gets bigger as it seems to come at you (toward the screen). This animation clearly wouldn't look right as a side-view animation.Breath.png
So, what I need is for skills that are used by the enemy that target the player in front-view to just play centered on the screen (or have plugin settings to customize the screen position).

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Edit: I did a test, and screen only makes it so that player animations show up, not enemy, even when set to screen. I tested it in a blank project and gave the default bat a skill which used Fire All One (default animation) and sure enough it didn't show up on screen in a blank project, no plug-ins.

Strange as I know in ACE they show up normally for me, so odd that MV would change that,

For a solution to this, maybe try a battle system plug-in? Some of them might already add this feature.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fire breath animation is a big cloud of flames that gets bigger as it seems to come at you (toward the screen).
That doesn't mean it was intended as a front-view animation. It could certainly be used in a side view system.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I did a test, and screen only makes it so that player animations show up, not enemy, even when set to screen. I tested it in a blank project and gave the default bat a skill which used Fire All One (default animation) and sure enough it didn't show up on screen in a blank project, no plug-ins.

Strange as I know in ACE they show up normally for me, so odd that MV would change that,

For a solution to this, maybe try a battle system plug-in? Some of them might already add this feature.
I've tried looking. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack. Yanfly's Battle Engine Core didn't help :(

That doesn't mean it was intended as a front-view animation. It could certainly be used in a side view system.
I made a boss rush demo that used that animation in a side-view battle & it didn't look right. Its clearly meant for front-view.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I looked and in MV Version 1.1 and some Yanfly plug-ins I got the animations to show up, per an old video I took of that project. I don't have that project on this computer though (and it is badly out of date too), but maybe there's something there that will do what you want?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked and in MV Version 1.1 and some Yanfly plug-ins I got the animations to show up, per an old video I took of that project. I don't have that project on this computer though (and it is badly out of date too), but maybe there's something there that will do what you want?
I found the one that enables animations when enemies target you in front-view. It's Yanfly's Battle Status Window. However, there's other quirks where apparently it wasn't designed with a 1 person party in mind. There seems to be no way to get it to work right as is so I'm still going to need a custom plugin that enables animations when enemies target you in front-view battles.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bumping for help

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
desperate for help :(

Mjolk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I have long since abandoned the default front view.
I suggest you do a fake front view, in this way it has more control and more animations available.
How to do? Take a normal side view, editing the position parameters etc. so that it looks like a front view.
Atelier plug in can help you graphically.
With some editing open many possibilities to your project that the basic front view dont have.

Corona~!

Stardust Crusader
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be a bit farfetch'd of a suggestion, but maybe pitch the issue to Yanfly with regards to the Battle Status Window plugin? Not accounting for a one-person party in the plugin sounds like a pretty serious issue they would probably be interested in fixing.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My real question is what makes Yanfly's plugin not work for a one person party? It would be useful to know, a) because it might be a quick and easy fix, and Yanfly's terms of use will allow an edit, b) so that anyone who does make this plugin doesn't make something that has the same issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnhat