Needing help implementing a background image to a menu window.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recently downloaded galvs manual level plugin which adds great functionality to gameplay, however, I've come across a small problem as you can see in the pictures below. I'm using the AltMenuScreen3 plugin to enable the use of a background image which you can see in example 1, however, the page created by galv's plugin(example2) doesn't have the menu background in it and I'm not sure how to accomplish this as the Altmenu plugin won't give me the option to use my background in it. Anyone care to help?

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a background has to be programmed into the enngine code of the menues. The plugins which implement that are usually for the default menues only, custom menues remain unchanged by them.

You'll need a compatibility patch or a rewrite of the menu where it doesn't work.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you saying that I would have to edit the code within Galv's plugin to insert my menu background on that page?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most likely yes - I can't be 100% sure because there is the option of code inheritance, but if switching the order of the two plugins in the plugin manager doesn't solve the problem, then you need to rewrite the code in the plugin that creates the menu screen.

Depending on how the plugin was written, that might be either a minor edit or a big rewrite of most of the code.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Andar So I'm back again, sorry for been persistant but Galv said he's super busy so I'm kinda at a dead end at the minute. If it's not asking too much, am I allowed to post the code for galvs script in here for someone to look at so they could possibly instruct me as to whether or not editing the script to do what I asked for is possible and if so how to do so.#?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish_Fish