Needing help with Boat vehicle

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey there. I have a problem in my game with the Boat.

When I get on the boat, it works fine. But when I have to get off, I can't. I just can't get off the boat.

I don't know why, really. I wish someone could help me.

I'm using Celianna's Tile, a custom boat sprite and the Vehicle On Off Locations script by Galv (if that helps to find the solution)

I also made a conditional branch which makes the boat change its sprite to simulate the fact that the player is ON the boat. With the default sprite, when

a character gets on, the boat seems empty.

Example:

This before I get on the boat:

-

And this is the 'empty' boat for using when nobody is on it:

-

When I get on, everything works fine, the conditional branch changes the sprite, I can navigate, etc.

-

And this is the sprite for using when the character  gets on:

-

But when I try to get off the boat, it doesn't work.

It's everything correctly made, without any bugs, but I can't get off the vehicle.

Please I need help, I really want to use the boat in my game.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If you're using a script to dictate when the player can get on and off the boat, and you're having trouble getting off the boat, then it stands to reason that there's something about the script that's causing it - which could include the possibility that you're not doing something that the script is needing.

Please provide a link to the script. Also show us how you've got your map / tileset / whatever set up to be used by the script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the solution is much simpler.

According to the pictures, you're entering a boat facing west with a player from below, facing north. That is no problem.

However, using the vehicle get ON/OFF command always uses the facing direction to determine where to get on/off.

The player needs to face the boat to enter, and the boat needs to face the place to leave when getting off.

If the tile to the west of the boat is impassible (and it looks that way), then the player cannot get off to the west.

You have to turn the boat facing south if you want to leave it to the map position south of it.

Matchitza

Finally Inspired!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Woah.. That is one huge boat sprite! Hmm  :distrust:  .. It might be a script problem, you should provide links to the script you're using..

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Shaz:  The Tileset is set up like this:

@Andar: No matter the direction, I can't get off. Even if I face south.

PD: I deleted the script,but it still doesn't work.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a different topic, someone reported a similiar problem and discovered that it was created by a bug in the effectus script. A patch was already found and said to be placed online later. If you purchased that script, please check for updates in the next few days and install the new version once it's out.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I don't have the Effectus script.

I was investigating the error. Then I realised this: When I choose the default boat/ship sprite as the vehicle, it works fine. But when I choose a bigger sprite, it doesn't work. Then I'll have to use the default ship sprite. Thanks for the help :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, which sprite you use has nothing to do with it ... unless it's a case of the sprite is so large you're not actually going as close to the land as you need to be.

Are you actually using the vehicle, or are you using an event? Can you show the event where you enter the boat and it changes the sprite?

Also, disable Galv's Vehicle On/Off Locations script and see if you can get off the boat without that script running.

Do you have any other scripts? Anything that might change passage checking or collision areas?

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
After many hours, I found the issue. The sprite I used is very big compared with the default's one.If I use the default sprite it works perfectly. The scripts I have doesn't change anything related to vehicles. I deleted Galv's Vehicle On/Off Locations script, and with the custom sprite, it keeps bugged, even if I delete the conditional branch.

Then I'll have to use the default ship sprite (I'm not going to use the boat one because when I get on, it seems empty). Anyways, thanks for the help, but I think this has no solution.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sprite size REALLY has nothing to do with it.

I have just created a ship sprite twice the normal size, used it as the vehicle, and it works perfectly.

Use that vehicle sprite in a brand new project with NO additional scripts. Use it JUST as the vehicle - no events doing fancy things to change the sprite.

I promise - either your event or your scripts are causing this. It is NOT the sprite.

You can either work through it with us, providing the things we've asked, so we can help you find and resolve the issue. Or you can continue to look at it yourself (can't believe I offered to help you and you still "spent many hours" without taking up my offer), come to the wrong conclusion, and end up using a sprite that you really don't want to use. Your choice. All you have to do is provide a couple of screenshots that were requested, and do a few tests we've asked you to do.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
OK, I did what you said. I put the boat sprite into a completely new project. It worked fine. Sorry for being silly.

Then I made the conditional branch on that new project. That worked too.

Really, I don't know what the HECK is causing my problem.

These are my scripts (if that helps)

-Galv's Variable Instance Bars

-XS Variable Hud

-MOG Hijiri Title Screen

-MOG Touhou Map Name

-MOG Weather EX

-Raizen's Lune Smooth Camera Sliding

-$D13x - Keyboard Name Input

-MOG Event Text

-Arevulopapo's Particle Engine (Ported to RGSS3 by PK8)

-Zeus81's Fullscreen++ 2.2

-Victor Sant's Pixel Movement, Moving Platforms and Free Jump

-MOG Advanced Load Bar

-a small script I made to show fog

All of them have NOTHING to do with vehicles.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Also, the conditional branch is like this (sorry if something is wrong I'm Spanish :/  )

Activator: Parallel Process       Priority: Under Characters

-Conditional Branch: If player is on boat

-Change vehicle's sprite: @ship_true.png (that's how I call the 'on boat' sprite)

-Exception:

-Change vehicle's sprite: @ship.png (the empty one)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope that you put a wait(30) or so into that parallel process?

Otherwise it will change the vehicle sprite sixty times per second, causing a lot of lag and other problems.

MasterNight01, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Deactivate the script one after another in a copy of the project, until the bug is gone - you'll know that it was cause by the last disabled script then.

Matchitza

Finally Inspired!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This might be an answer you might not like, try making a new project. (to test your boat sprite) BUT do not add all the custom scripts you use, and then make a map with a water path on it. Copy/import over your boat sprite, and test if the boat is moving or not. If it moves, it is a bug in one of your scripts. If it doesn't move, maybe something else bugged your boat..

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm eyeing off Victor Sant's Pixel Movement script as a potential culprit. Disable that one and see if the problem goes away.

You also said in your first post that you're using a Vehicle On/Off Locations script by Galv, but it's not in the list you just posted. That would also be a script to consider disabling to see if it has any effect, if you've still got it. And since you didn't include it in the list, I'm now wondering if you actually removed it, or if it IS there but you just didn't mention it, and what other scripts might be there that you just didn't mention as well.

MasterNight01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@XDCorez That's what Shaz told me to do, and it worked.

@Shaz   OMG PIXEL MOVEMENT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! But I can't make the game withour Pixel Movement, the Moving Platforms and Free Jump require it.

The question now is HOW do I solve that bug in the script, I simply can't work without the Pixel Movement. My game has lots of platforms...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would start by posting a link to the script. Maybe a demo of your game with a single map where you can see the issue and play with the script to try and fix it.

Matchitza

Finally Inspired!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@XDCorez That's what Shaz told me to do, and it worked.

@Shaz   OMG PIXEL MOVEMENT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! But I can't make the game withour Pixel Movement, the Moving Platforms and Free Jump require it.

The question now is HOW do I solve that bug in the script, I simply can't work without the Pixel Movement. My game has lots of platforms...
Yep, victor's scripts are really not compactible to other scripts. That's why i don't use victor scripts..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmicycle