PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So im trying to get this event to work, im eventing using this for the clock script and im trying to get npcs to leave at a certain time and then re-appear once a certain hour is hit.

Example :
Npc is by the lake >
the store they run opens at 9am >
when 9am hits they go to the store leaving the lake >
the npc is now at the store running it till 6 pm >
npc goes home>
starts the whole thing the next day.

any ideas? sorry if im not explaining things well :kaocry:any help is appreciated !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need several multipage events pretending to be the same NPC.
they need to be conditioned to the variable that stores the hour of the time system.

the store event for example needs a page hour>9 and a second page hour>18
this will make the first page active between 09:00 and 18:00, give that page the behaviour and sprite of the NPC. the other page will be active from 18:00 to 24:00, give it no sprite because the NPC is elsewhere.

the event in the home would then only be active on hour>18.

as for the movement between locations: an event CANNOT leave the map it is on, so that movement could only be done if lake, shop and home are the same map.

if that is the case or if you want to put in the work to pretend map changes, you'll need a single variable for finer timesteps and use more pages with the moving pages on the steps between the main times. But such a finetuning rarely works out due to the massive added work it would need.

PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
okay, how do i go about eventing random dialogue for each npc??? im sorry im asking so much i just want to learn :kaocry:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
control variable to get a random number, followed by a series of conditional branches to see which number was rolled and give different show text each.

PoniMeiMei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
how would i add both of those things together?
im using Selchars HM Calendar and i cant seem to combined both of those elements in one npc? sorry im slow

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
Let me ask you this - when was the last time you backed up? Can you afford to lose all the progress you've made since the last backup?
Just asking.
Working on fun ways to get around the Midnight Circus level! Cannons were a given :LZSlol:

apolloblastoff.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tree_of_Topaz