Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nelderson’s MV Online System 0.2.0

Introduction

This system is designed to make a stable and secure online connection from your game to a server of your choice. Modules and plugins are still being developed for all sorts of different online uses. So far I have made modules that include; a login system, seeing other players on a map, and chat.

While a MMO is certainly attainable, this system was designed for just about any RPGMaker game. For instance, you could use the metrics system to anonymously send data to your server to see how players react to different sections or enemies within your game, and then use this data to make your next game of more interest to your players, adjust difficulty curves, etc.

I utilize Node.js with socket.io and express to create both API and socket modules for this system. I’m currently in the middle of a YouTube video tutorial development series geared to other developers on how to use this system in its entirety where the technical side of things can be explained in much more detail.

Features

- Login System
- Metrics
- Network Players
- Chat

Videos

How to Use

Please refer to my Github and YouTube channel for very detailed instructions on how to setup your game and server.

FAQ

Q: Do you have a demo?
A: There is currently no demo. I plan on teaming up with somebody else to really show how capable this fully armed and operational battle station truly is.

Q: PVP Battling?
A: Totally possible, I just haven’t had the time to sink into it.

Terms of Use
Free for commercial and non-commercial games. MIT license.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
This plugin looks amazing!

I think it would be really interesting to have a Player V/S Player system (local or online), exact as in Pokémon games!

Hope you can find the time to do that! I'll look forward to hearing any news from you :)

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am supremely interested in this plugin, as I have a great idea for a competitive online mv project.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Subbed, I will need to watch these when I am home and can try to go along and set up a test platform for mysel!

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
This is amazing dude! I'm going to try this right now! Thank you for all your work!

Would a local multiplayer be easier in theory?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is a simple fight room like pokemon or golden sun is something that we can expect? I don't want to make a MMO but i'll like to enable this kinf of feature ^^

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't had time to make it, but it's certainly possible....

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't had time to make it, but it's certainly possible....
I thought about it because it probably is easier than a full MmO. Also this is more than enough to me. Lol

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is a simple fight room like pokemon or golden sun is something that we can expect? I don't want to make a MMO but i'll like to enable this kinf of feature ^^
i would like to do this in one of my games too, it's a nice feature(also probably more simple, since it can use one PC as host and the other just connect to the first one using it's IP, not needing SQL or anything )

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just load the party information is quite easier than load everything i think that too ^^! By the way I prefer it without item, so it is even quite easier i think!

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really hope you don't give up on that plugin (And also would love to see what I/ashyramoonwolf suggest as a single plugin :T )

Because it seems that you're the last one building an Online Plugin... Everyone else gave up and is not updating their projects for months...

sephiroth976

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin command to disconnect from the server?

This plugin is pretty much perfect for my game where all i need is the players to see eachother and chat, but only on a specific map, however id like to have the players disconnect when they leave the map so they can save their progress without staying online.

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@elpeleq42 - I haven't stopped developing for the online system, but I also haven't found magical free time to work on the battle system. I'm hoping to get to it eventually.

@sephiroth976 - I think the better way is to be able to enable/disable chat, and force seeing other players to only that map. I'm in the middle of doing upgrades to both plugins, so I'll add those functions to the list. :)

sephiroth976

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, but if its not too much work id still like to request a disconnect option (if possible).

Its just nice to have the ability to log out. :p

This is a really good plugin, i hope you keep working on it even without magical free time, there are so few out of the box working online plugins at the moment, and for basic functionality this plugin is amazing and simple to use, keep it up.

Sunzoner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Subbed.

Would be interested in some form of pvp, raid or league board.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will this feature allow a player to check for updates or download DLC? Every game would be able to use your plugin if that's the case. No more needing to submit new download links for someone. They can click the game and get it right to their computer!

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sephiroth976 - Thanks! And I'll keep the disconnect option on the list of improvements.

@Sunzoner - Thanks for the sub. I would be interested in pvp as well....I just can't guarantee I'll have the time to make it.

@MMMm - This is a concept I was going to try and attempt soon. I was going to start off with streaming maps, but the concept could probably be used to update the entire game on the fly....I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very excited to see how this turns out! We're potentially looking at instantly being able to push out bug fixes or new content. If you update a game too often, people have a habit of waiting for you to release a stable version. Some of them might end up forgetting about your game while they wait.

And some users aren't especially computer savvy and have trouble unzipping files and pasting them.

This could solve all of those problems.

donatman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks awesome!

Hope you have time to make pvp/pve system to online game. Will sub!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelevra069