SesameChicken

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to implement this today (if I can....so noob). Will sub up and watch tutorials.

Keep working on the plugin. Don't give up! Trust your instincts! Do a barrel roll!

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YES this is amazziiiinnngggg! Know I dont need to code a multiplayer system!!!

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey All,

Came out with some small updates. Video can be found here:

Very nice!
I've been worried about the security of online systems like that, since nowadays people have many ways/tools to get the information they want from game servers.

Really amazing job nelderson!

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Diving back into the development series. Global switches/variables is the subject

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like your style. I wanted to know somethings... Since my last message i started a little project (actually this is a project for minigames who will be in my main project... This a kind of Chao Garden (from sonic adventure 2 battle) reinforced with the ability to spawn event and decorate the garden as we want! What i wanted to know is, if the plugins work on mobile (if no test have been done yet, i will try if needed)

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ashyramoonwolf - Yup this system works on both android and iOS deploys.

Continuing the development series....

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great news to know. i will take time to make it work if i can as i can. I also have one more question. I'm working on a based event (thanks to galv's plugin) map ingame generator. So far the test are good.
I'll add screen transition for sure.
Another exemple is those kind of map... Considering their process, how did will it respond?
If the player go in while the map is generating, do the map update from the host? Or will it be his phone who will finish the map?

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming the plugin creates the map on a given map id. The way my system currently works is putting network players in the same "room" by map id. If your map is static it's not a big deal.....but since each client would have a random generated map I could see a lot of problems.

However if you had a server generate the map and have it let's say change every hour or so and push the data to the client.....I could see that working.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's done by event, when a player enter a specific map, a "spawner" generate the first road, then the road create herself. Then tree and flower and collectible spawn. When he left the room, the map is erased.
But your system could work. i just need to set a timer...
Edit: The spawner is the galv event spawner. basically road are made from event)

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got around to the final vid in the series:

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dude..... I want this.... thank you for your hard work Nelderson!

Kiryn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nelderson, i was looking through your git and take note im a novice when it comes to rpg maker. would it be easier to render incoming players as event objects? as opposed to player objects which is what i think you have now.

if you initialize them as walk through event objects you will be able to interact with them easier. let me know what you think

HashtagSalt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to use this together with a ABS fighting system?!? :)

kuzai

Rain
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So uhh this is great and all but I've been looking everywhere for a system where you can single player or 4 players both in story mode like not an mmo or such but like there are already set and made characters (4 characters) where you travel through story mode with but you can have a friend or such take over another character(s) and play through it with a friend, not a system with a bunch of mmo players.

If anyone knows about some kind of plugin like that I'd be very much appreciated for it.

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So uhh this is great and all but I've been looking everywhere for a system where you can single player or 4 players both in story mode like not an mmo or such but like there are already set and made characters (4 characters) where you travel through story mode with but you can have a friend or such take over another character(s) and play through it with a friend, not a system with a bunch of mmo players.

If anyone knows about some kind of plugin like that I'd be very much appreciated for it.
You're probably going to have to make it yourself, dude. That or wait and hope it happens. Netcode is not easy.

kuzai

Rain
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're probably going to have to make it yourself, dude. That or wait and hope it happens. Netcode is not easy.

I see, I don't know much about code so I guess I'll wait, thanks for the reply regardless.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm VERY impressed for your work, dude. This plugin is certainly unique! I'm looking forward for any update! Please tell me the next feature is an online battle system! haha :D

Last edited:

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you know how, you could make public rooms. But you need to make for every room a new Map and new global Vars / Switches. Hope the Create-/Join-Room System in the "Project Fireball" will be released soon. ^^

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, I have many ideas to use with the Online Plugin, but I will only ask about 2 for now.

Is there any way to "feed" or relay any character appearance changes, when another player changes an actor image on their end? I want to see players' new look upon change.

The other is regarding an ABS, which is such a complicated thing, since the codes for them are so dramatic. But wanted to know if it's feasible.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.
Finally got mv & mz games output to apk files ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ I'm so happy!! ┌(・。・)┘♪
brain fried, please help, when i open the shop menu to sell items it lists Weapons, Armor & Key Items as seperate categories with items to sell, but those items in my game are not meant to be sold. thus i ask, how do i remove Weapon/Armor/Key Item categories from the sell menu?
here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiKung