Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugin: NeMV - On Step Effect

Version: 1.0

Author: Nekoyoubi

Release: May 2nd 2016

Download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nekoyoubi/NeMV/master/NeMV_OnStepEffect.js

Requires: n/a

Introduction

Allows your actors' states to perform JavaScript evaluations as you walk on the map... ♪ Every step you take ♪ ... I'm so sorry...

Features

• Simple notetag setup
  • No prerequisite plugins

Example Use Cases

• Running common events upon walking (e.g. updating the map dynamically without parallels)
  • Have battle effects linger (e.g. a confusion debuff continues after combat and refuses to let you open the menu)
  • More interesting regen/degen (e.g. see "Mana Flux" below)
  • Randomize your players' fate on the map with more control (e.g. random encounters with enhanced logic)

How to Use

Add step effects to your states via the following notetag:

Code:
State  >  Notebox  >  <ON STEP EFFECT>code</ON STEP EFFECT>
It's as easy as that. If an actor in the game party has that state active, you'll see that code's effect execute on each step of the map.

Here are a couple of examples...

Code:
<On Step Effect>
if (!($gameParty.steps() % 10))
  a.gainMp(Math.floor((Math.random()*200)-100)+1);
</On Step Effect>
Code:
<on step effect>
if (user.isStateAffected(123))
  $gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(45);
</on step effect>
In the first example, the actor with the state —we'll call it "Mana Flux"— gains or loses a random amount of mana (+/-100) for every ten steps they take. The second example checks if another state is active on the actor as well, and runs a Common Event if so.

Script (external)

NeMV on GitHub  |  OSE on GitHub  |  OSE on MV Plugins  |  OSE on Stitch Gaming  |  >> Download OSE <<

FAQ

Q: Does this work with YEP - ______?

A: While this plugin doesn't actually require any of Yanfly's plugins to perform its function, it should still be completely compatible with the YEP. As it is, I run an almost full YEP stack by default without issue. 

Q: Is this able to be used in commercial projects?

A: Absolutely! Wouldn't that be cool?!

Q: If I use this, do I need to say so anywhere?

A: If you can make use of my work on any level, then I would absolutely love to know about it, but I make no attribution requirements or the like. NeMV is licensed under the WTFPLv2.

Credits & Thanks

• Uhm... everyone? Yeah! Thanks everyone! <3

Author's Notes

This is actually a plugin that I've been meaning to make for a bit. As someone whose game relies as heavily on the map as mine does, you may find that you need more out of your non-combat effects from states. At least that's the case for me, so I built this plugin.

It basically just does what it says on the tin; lets you perform JavaScript evals every time your actors move on the map. Nothing fancy, but an awesome little bit of extra functionality for us map-centric makers.

Happy stepping!  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy