NeMV - State Resources

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Nekoyoubi, Apr 29, 2016.

1. tevak

tevak Kara Zor-El of Earth-23 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Servidion : Essentially, yes. Also similar to more tabletop based systems like in Baldur's Gate or Pillars of Eternity, some spells are replenished on resting and some are only per encounter, etc. I just need help with finagling this to replenish resources with like, a dynamic value on a large scale? If it's possible...

2. Servidion

Servidion Last Soul Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're looking to have a set amount of charges per spell, then you may want to look into this plugin:

http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/09/yep-56-limited-skill-uses/

If it's a matter of having, essentially, a smaller mana pool in the form of state resources you'll have to use this script command:

$gameParty.members().forEach(function(member){member.setSR(123, 456);});

Just replace the "123" with the state ID of your resource, and the "456" with the amount you want replenished.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  3. tevak

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Strangely, that line works when I input it by console but not when as a script call in a common event, is there something I might be doing wrong? I tried both with a flat static number and as it is, as (member.level). Both only work through console.

Screenshot (28).png

4. Nekoyoubi

Nekoyoubi Plugin & Utility Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @tevak, after looking over what you have there, I don't see anything that would be wrong with your CE, but I can't see the entire CE, so I can't know that for sure. If there's any way you could send me your \data\CommonEvents.json file, I can look into it further. As you've mentioned, however, it was working in the console, so there's obviously something that's off about the CE. I know when he was trying to test for you before, @Servidion made an event (standard; not a CE), and it worked there. Let me poke around your CE and I'll see what I can find out for you.

5. tevak

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh my gosh I'm sorry for the confusion, I was pasting it in the wrong place. The line works perfectly. Thank you so much for the help @Servidion and @Nekoyoubi!

Nekoyoubi likes this.
  6. Servidion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome. Glad it worked out! :D

7. Ptolam

Ptolam Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi, I'm trying to use this plugin to build a state that stacks with every basic attack command, up to five times.

In my state (ID 21) I wrote this :

[​IMG]

And this in my Attack skill : 

[​IMG]

When I try it, AutoPassive is working but that's all. The number doesn't increase and nothing seems to be happening.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  8. Servidion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you doing it in battle-test or in-game?

This was what I tested in my debug room and it all worked:

1 - Tested the state itself being increased by the default attack. Worked.

2 - Tested the state being activated by a switch. Had to swap classes once (out of combat) for the state to appear, but it worked.

A few posts above yours there was a gentleman that was having a similar issue with the state not appearing. His issue was because he was using the battle test instead of trying it right in-game. I have a debug room full of events that help me test mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
    Roguedeus likes this.
  9. Ptolam

Ptolam Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Yes, I did it directly in-game, but I found why it didn't work : I was using a plugin to skip my title on PlayTest. For some reason, they don't work together (maybe it flags in-game battle as battle-test).

Anyway, thanks for your quick reply. :)

10. Servidion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    NP. Glad you found the issue. :)

11. tevak

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, I'm having an error where with state resources enabled, state counters for non-resource states don't show up except for turn duration.

12. Nekoyoubi

First Language:
    English
    @tevak, if this is with the newest version of State Resources, then I may have missed something when I changed the visual implementation to better align with Yanfly's newly added counters. If the state is not a resource, it should still use the default counters; otherwise, it will overwrite the counters for resource values. Is this what you're seeing, or is it simply not honoring counters in any case?

13. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I keep getting the following error:

I've made sure to use the correct state note tag: <resource 6 6 Ammo> and skill note tag: <SR 94 Cost: 1>. And I've made sure all my Yanfly plugins are up to date. I've noticed the ammo count is always zero on my state icon and my skill never consumes ammo.

Got it working...doesn't seem to work at all in battle test troops for some reason. I have a question...Is there a way for me to use a skill that hits multiple times based on how many bullets I currently have in my state?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  14. Nekoyoubi

First Language:
    English
    @moldy, I'm not sure about the actions that hit based on a number specified in the editor, but I'm fairly certain an action could be built to simulate those hits based on that resource number, yes.

15. tevak

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Nekoyoubi it's not showing counters in any case for non resources

update:

@Nekoyoubi i tried going back to the 1.0 of state resources and the problem remains. it might be an incompatibility with yanfly after an update of his?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  16. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    It dont work with new yanfly updates i think. My states do not count up since a new one.

My gunslinger cannot reload and shoot anymore ;_; ;_;

17. Nekoyoubi

First Language:
    English
    @tevak & @styx92, could you guys tell me if you're using YEP - Battle Status Window? I've been looking back into what issues may have arisen from updates, and while there was a valid issue with Class TP Rename after some RMMV base script changes (that should now be fixed), the only issue with State Resources that I could find seemed to be something with the Battle Status Window v1.08 feature "State Icon Row", where I needed to change it from the default (1; I changed it to 2), run the game, then change it back and everything works just fine for me.

18. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Im Sorry, i have changed the plugin and use now another methode to get the gunslinger to work :/

19. Syngeno

Syngeno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I'd like to know how I can store my custom resource pool chi into a variable so that the amount of chi a character has after a battle is recorded and stored so that when you start a new battle it uses that stored value to show that you still have the same amount of chi you did in the last battle. Basically I just want it to mimic HP and MP.

20. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1. Create a state. Lets say its id 12. Call it Chi. No restrictions. Untick remove at battle end / remove by restriction
    2. In the notetag box, add: <Resource 0, 100, Chi> 0 means the player starts with 0 Chi and Max Chi value is 100 (change to your liking)
    3. Apply this state to your players. I use Yanfly Autopassivestates to do this (you can use whatever method you want to)
    4. Using Yanfly's custom requirements for skills, for each skill using Chi, you will need to add the following to the skill notebox:

<Custom Requirement>
    if (user.getSR(12) > 5) {
    value = true;
    } else {
    value = false;
    }
    </Custom Requirement>
    //If state resource id 12 of user is above 5, this skill is usable

<Custom Execution>
    user.adjustSR(12) -= 5;
    </Custom Execution>
    //user loses 5 Chi when skill is used