NeMV - State Resources

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Nekoyoubi, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Syngeno

Syngeno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay thank you. Any reason why I need to use script commands and not the notetag that determines how much a skill costs? I also noticed if I just make my resource for example "<Resource 50, 50, Chi> That has the character starting with that amount which I didn't understand after reading the thread until you explained it to me, I have comprehension issues with how things are explained. So after I changed my tag to that, I also removed the notetag that gives the character 50 chi at battle start and noticed that the plugin stores the current amount on it's own.

2. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You need to use a notetag for skill costs because how else are you going to get a skill to use "Chi"? It's not like MP/TP where you can just plug it into the database and it's clunky to use it in the battle formula.

Not sure what you are on about with "noticed the plugin stores the current amount on its own" but if you have further questions, feel free to ask

3. Syngeno

Syngeno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to make it so when you equip a certain weapon or armor it adds a certain amount to the max SR but removes that same amount upon unequpping the weapon or armor? I know there are script commands that change the max SR, not sure if I'm able to use it in the way I want to though.

4. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I really want to use this but I'm having trouble: nothing is happening at all. These are my tags below.
    The state is number 288

My skill looks like this:
    <SR 288 Cost: 1>

State Looks This:
    <Resource 1, 7, Spirit Bonds>

<Resource BattleStart: 1>

<Resource BattleEnd: 0>

<Resource BattleStart: +1>

I am using ATB, so I'm not sure if that's an issue. Also, I can use teh skill without using a resource and it does not appear any resource is generating.

5. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not sure if you know but state resources seem to only work properly when testing in-game and not via the battle test menu (database)

6. ashikai

ashikai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Anyone have the links to those videos? I'd love to see this in action but the videos aren't showing up for me. :(

7. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I checked through in game testing. I have a test map set up. I'll check it out again, however, to see. Thanks a bunch for telling me!

8. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @ashikai

Servidion is an active member of our forum; he is the creator of such videos

ashikai likes this.
  9. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, the above fix didn't work. still does not work.

10. boomy

boomy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I spent the past hour playing around with your problem and I'm not sure what the problem is but I can report that <Resource BattleStart> is bugged with current Yanfly plugins. I'm not javascript expert but this would be something that @Nekoyoubi would have to address.

My workaround would involve using Yanfly's Troop Event plugin and running the following script turn 1 in every battle:

var state = 288; //your spirit bonds state
    for (var p = 0; p < $gameParty.members().length; p++) //checks all party members
    if ($gameParty.members()[p].isStateAffected(state)) //if party member is afflicted with spirit bonds state then...
    $gameParty.members()[p].adjustSR(state, 1); //this adds 1 resource to your spirit bonds state; adjust accordingly

Other checklist:

Note sure if important but maybe change the name of the resource to 1 word; eg: <Resource 1, 7, Spirit Bonds> to <Resource 1, 7, Spirit>
    Remove all instances of battlestart
    Disable Yanfly Battle Status Window
    Make sure that the state is applied to the character (eg. use yanfly autopasivestates)

11. Hierophantic

Hierophantic Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi there, can anyone can confirm whether this plugin is compatible with current versions of MV and Yanfly? I'm having roughly the same "everything should be working but isn't" problems I'm seeing upstream.