'New Beginnings' Simulation Game Recruitment

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Bazinioli, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Bazinioli

Bazinioli Advanced User Member

First Language:
    English
    Well, hello there! I am Bazzinioli on the forums, but you may call me Josh. This is an idea I had, and I don't really have a title yet. Right now it is 'New Beginnings', but will be changed later as it is merely a placeholder. (Let me know if you have any suggestions)

This is a free project, which means you won't be getting paid, sorry.

Some inspirations include: The Sims, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem.

So, of course, I can not make the entire game myself. (Well I guess I could...y'know, if I wanted to take 20 years)

You can help with:

-Mappers
    -Eventers
    -Writers
    -Scripters (Kind of my weak spot)
    -Artists/Spriters-Music

I will also eventually need voice actors later in development. (There will only be full-on voice acting during important cutscenes such as weddings. Otherwise, there only be some sounds, such as sighing, sobbing, growling, etc.)
    Oh, and this will be a simulator game so...that's cool, I guess.Synopsis:

Prologue: You are a boy/girl who's family has recently died in an accident. You have slight amnesia and do not remember the accident. You spend the prologue searching for where your parents are, but eventually find yourself lost. You pass out and wake up in town (I don't have the name yet...). You begin exploring your new surroundings, meeting new people, etc.                                                                                                                    Chapter 1: Is 3 or 2 years long. You get house and find a job. This is where you can decide to be a farmer, work at the bar, or something else. You could hunt, work at the hospital, or be a cashier. Work out at the gym or go buy some new clothes. Depending on where you've worked will change what career your child will most likely have. You will have to propose before the end of the second winter, or the game will end there. If you get married, at the end of winter, there will be a wedding scene and you will start chapter 2. I am hopping to eventually include same-sex marriages, as there is a bisexual character I have made, but that will most likely be implemented later. When it is, you will instead adopt a child instead of having one of your own.                                                                                                              Chapter 2: You have been married for a few years and have your child (It can be a boy or girl). He or she will look more like your spouse, but have the same skin tone and hair color you started with (Your able to dye your hair) (Hair colors: Blonde, Orange, Brown, or Black. Skin Tones: White, Black, Asian.). You will be able to try and sway the career choice of your child by giving him/her gifts or other events.                                                                                    Chapter 3: There will be different scenarios for this chapter depending on what you choose your career to be and if your child chooses the same career choice. I have only came up with the generic scenario that way people that join the team members (you) could come up with another scenario. For instance, maybe if you make your career adventuring, you'll find something out about parents, and what actually happened to them. However, what ever it is you may make a scenario, it must include your child in some way, as these special scenarios/chapters only occur when your child picks the same career as you. (You can pick if you can get your child married in your special scenario/chapter)                                                                                                                                   Chapter 3a: If you do not choose a special job, such as a cashier or farmer, or your child doesn't pick the same career as you, you will be sent here. You will be old and grey. This chapter is the shortest as it only lasts a year. You can finish whatever you didn't get to do in the previous years and try and get your child married. If you succeed then you get the good ending and die happily, knowing that your family will live on for generations, and that your son/daughter has chosen his or her own path, or is following in your footsteps. That's all I have so far...yeah. I am sorry if any of this has confused you. If it has, feel free to ask questions.
    Characters:
    Name: Alexander Miller (Is changeable)

Sex: Straight/Homosexual/Bisexual

Role: Main Male protagonist. If you picked to play as Lillithan, will be working at a farm.

Bio: In Synopsis. If you chose Lillithan, then she lives at a farm with his dad, Jonathan.

Personality: You decide. If you picked Lillithan, he is a pessimist and shy, but tries to hide the latter.

Eligible for marriage: Only if you choose to play as Lillithan.

Name: Lillithan Robinson (Is changeable)

Sex: Straight/Homosexual/Bisexual

Role: Main Female protagonist. If you picked to play as Alexander, will be working at a farm.

Bio: In Synopsis. If you chose Alexander, then she lives at a farm with her dad, Jonathan.

Personality: You decide. If you picked Alexander, she is almost always happy and tries to make friends or break the ice as soon as possible.

Eligible for marriage: Only if you choose to play as Alexander.

Elisa:

Sex: Straight.

Role:The local Fortune Teller. Owns a boat you can borrow to become a fisherman. She is also the character to introduce you to town.

Bio:Is your only known living relative, and is your aunt.

Personality: Can have a temper. Is bossy.

Eligible for marriage: No.

Jonathan:

Sex: Straight

Role: A farmer that works at well...a farm.

Bio: He's lived on the farm his whole life.

Personality: Very prideful, thinking his farm is the best in the world.

Eligible for marriage: No.

Other: Can give you the farmer job.

Name: Beatrice

Sex: Straight. Thinks same sex relationships are odd, but doesn't make fun of them.

Role: Works as a waitress in a diner.

Bio: ?

Personality: She is shy, and modest.

Eligible for marriage: Yes.

Name: Joslyn Seville

Sex: Bisexual

Role: Works at the farm tending the animals.

Bio: Moved to town to get away from the city and be in a peaceful place. She thought a job at a farm would be the most peaceful.

Personality: She is an optimist. If she sees someone's upset, it makes her upset as well. She tries to cheer up anyone that's feeling down and point out the bright side of things.

Eligible for marriage: Yes

The characters' looks:

[​IMG]

From left to right:
    Elisa, Kenji, Aika, Alexander(male protagonist), Beatrice,  David, Elizabeth, Jonathan, Joanne, Alexander(toned skin),Lillithan(Female protagonist), Joslyn, Vanessa. These are not going to be all the characters, these are just the ones I made so far.

If you have an idea for a character, fill out this:

Name:

Sex:

Role:

Bio:

Personality:

Eligible for marriage:

Role:

Other: (Optional)
    Anyone who decides to help will be fully credited.
    The Team:

Bazinioli-Spriting Charactes,Eventing,Writing,MappingWatcules-Mapping

MJFennersK-Mapping

MaikeruKeay-Writer

TechnicalFox-

Randommerade-
    Notes:

If you would like to be a scripter there are three important scripts (could be events instead) I need: a working time system including months, days, years, and time (years might be shorter though, like there being one month for each season, similiarly to Harvest Moon, but maybe not). the second is: In the game, I want there to be a hunger system. If your hunger reaches 0, you start losing energy. If you lose all your energy, you faint and sent to the hospital, and lose some money you had. Third: A stamina system. If you run out of stamina, you'll pass out. You will also be sent to the hospital if this happens, too.
    If you have a game that you need help with, I could be a:

-Spriter

-Mapper

-Eventer

Thanks in advance for helping. ~Bazzinioli

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  2. Mog the Moogle

Mog the Moogle Kupo Member

First Language:
    English
    emile -writing apply

sample promise -d 11/4

3. Bazinioli

First Language:
    English
    Cool! :D Would you be a scenario writer or work with dialogue?

4. Mog the Moogle

Mog the Moogle Kupo Member

First Language:
    English
    either.

5. Randommerade

Randommerade All those years, outside looking in... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    PM'd you :)

6. Black_Fox

Black_Fox Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'd like to be a writer for this project! I have some short stories I can send to you as samples of my work.

7. MJFennersK

MJFennersK Gamer/Designer/Developer/Youtuber Member

First Language:
    English
    I can offer my services as a writer & voice actor (when you need them). I have a couple of eBooks I can link you to so you can check out my writing style.  :)

8. Bazinioli

First Language:
    English
    I would like to first apologize for the very late reply (I have been very busy with school), and secondly would like to thank you (if you are still interested.) as I am ready to continue working on the project! (If any of you would still like to help, please let me know :p .)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  9. MJFennersK

First Language:
    English
    I'm still interested in helping this project :)

10. Bazinioli

First Language:
    English
    Cool! :) Voice acting probably won't happen until the end...so...what are you better at writing? Plot or dialogue?

11. MJFennersK

First Language:
    English
    Either and both! And I work better when you tell me what you want and then I can work with it and give you a rough first draft and then we can work together on anything you want me to change.

12. AngelicFox

AngelicFox :3 Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi i would like to be a eventer for this project, if the place is open.

Well, i dont have time anymore. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  13. Bazinioli

First Language:
    English
    That's okay! Thanks anyways.

14. AngelicFox

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Still tho in the near future ill have more time (probably when holiday starts (for me 26 June)) and i will be happy to join this project. (If the place is going still going to be open)

EDIT: Yeah i will be open in a really near future. If you want you can start sending me stuff to do, PM me or contact me thru <I send you this info in PM>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  15. AngelicFox

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump ;)