- Jan 22, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
I probably can't send them to all you, because there are resource packs from the RPG Maker store , namely Futuristic Tiles and The Zombie Tiles (which I can't seem to find on the store) that I use. I also have custom edits of tiles I found online. Were there specific parts you were looking for?Hey man. Can you send me these tilesets? I liked too much the graphics and I need to use this on my project. Your game is awesome at least visually, but I didnt play yet...
The screenshots are really old and need to be updated, as there have been a fair amount of changes since I put those on here.hey! so like, if this was anywhere else I guess you'd be my competition because I'm also developing a sandbox cyberpunk RPG w/ a lot of the same influences, but fortunately, in this close-knit community of tiny indie devs helping each other out, I feel like "competition" is pretty much a moot concept.
I will totally check this out once I get a demo release of Spirit of '76 out. I don't wanna play Collector before then because I don't wanna wind up getting influenced by your ideas, hope that makes sense
Some thoughts on the screen-shots in no particular order (spoilering this cuz it wound up PRETTY long):
- I like your use of rain and neon to make the streets feel gritty and Bladerunner-esque.
- I love the D&D style dice rolling in combat (although be careful how you implement it, as getting caught in a whiff-festival is especially annoying w/ that kind of system
- I assume New Avalon is a futuristic reimagining of the city of London, England? (Avalon, like Camelot, is one of the place names I certainly hope so, as a
- Is Corp-Creds a placeholder name? I ask because a) it's kind of a lame name for currency but mostly b) in a cyberpunk setting ruled by Zaibatsus/megacorps, each corporation would "print/mint" their own currency, thereby paying their wage slaves with a currency that MUST be spent on THEIR products, like in Shadowrun how Mitsuhama, Ares, Saeder-Krupp and Aztechnology each print their own kinds of moneys. Often hard currency--like eurodollars--or some kind of financial lingua franca--like nuyen--is the currency in these types of settings because it's something everyone has to recognize the value of. But all of the corps agreeing on the fixed price for a currency doesn't make a lot of sense w/ the assumption that they're the ruthless, soulless profit-motivated entities I assume they are
- The screen resolution feels a bit big to me! I feel like there's a bit too much going on on each screen to appreciate all of those details, and it also accentuates the tininess of the chibi sprites (my next point). However, I know what a nightmare it is to change screen resolutions mid-project so I imagine this can't be helped at this stage.
- I am not a fan of the chibi style RPG Maker RTP sprites but I absoluely, totally get why you're using them: the variety of characters available using RTP graphics for VXA or MV is easily tenfold or more than what's available in any of the "tall" styles. The 2019 version of Spirit had MV RTP sprites, and while I swapped those out when I resumed the project in the very end of 2020, I kept my sideview battle sprites MV RTP so I could use all the awesome gun sprites by whtdragon, Yuki, Faren, and others that I'd collected and set up.
- The VXA character generator faces just look plain bad, though. It's just my opinion obviously, but I don't think I'm the only person to not enjoy that style.
- Even if you're going to stick with the less-popular frontview system, which is fine--my other project MDC uses a frontview battle system--I'd suggest using battlebacks. The blurred spiral is kind of lame and very "2008" to me as far as Tsukuru stuff is concerned.
- I also think that the sprite-based enemies are really unimpressive/underwhelming.
- Everything about the shop screen makes me
RIDICULOUSLY INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR REMOVED...makes me really want to play the game. Enthused. Like very a lot. Let's just go with that.
- How does the game handle ammo and reloading? I LOVE that it uses real calibers, because I'm quite the gun nerd. My own game limits weapons by ammo but at the time I was first making it there wasn't a reload mechanic plugin that I liked that was compatible with the other stuff I was using, and now it's too late since I've already kind of balanced and designed the database around not needing to reload guns in combat.
Adding this to the very short list of RM games I really, really want to play some day. Keep up the good work!
- Do you have monofilament whips or are you a bad person?
Thanks! It's definitely daunting, especially if I think of all the work I have to do. I've been taking a bit of a break, but will probably get back to work soon! The next thing I have to do is complete two of the planned districts just to work on the next section of the story.Holy moly, this looks amazing.
I've been working on a cyberpunk adventure RPG of my own for a couple months, and reviewing your screenshots and game info is really inspiring on one hand, and daunting on the other. I definitely need to 'up my game'! I will make a point of playing this, though may wait until your v1 release.
G'luck in your struggles chummer