New Feature Approach: May Need Pointers

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by Benny Jackdaw, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Alright, I don't think I can get around that error without changing the actual function so that the player can only use the feature when he's alone, so that's what I'm going to work with. In addition, to avoid even further conflicts, I might have the player stay in a giant form until he reaches a station to change back. What I'm wondering is a couple things in particular.

-What is the easiest way to remove specific characters mid battle?
    -Each giant form comes with a specific stage, but how do I make it so that they always fight on that stage till they change back into a normal form?

2. CleanWater

CleanWater Independent Developer Veteran

First Language:
    PT-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    If I got your system well, by what I've seen so far in other threads:
    1. You can store each party member in variables, remove them during the battle (Battle Screen) and add then again in a common event (in the World Screen);
    2. Instead of playing Battle Animations on a specific character, you can play in the entire party (or use conditional branches to check if the character is in party); (this will result in the same error of switching games from illegal to legal RM2k3 versions)
    Benny, I don't know exactly how your system works, but just a hint...
    • Maybe, you don't need to completely change your system, you can just tweak it until you achieve the desired effect.
    Just think about it. :wink: