Grassfur

Joyful Creature
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there. Recently, I have found myself needing some more diversity of flowers in RPG Maker MV. I couldn't find all of the flower types I had needed, so it inspired me to make my own. I've created a tileset containing several new varieties of flowers, some recolored and/or edited original RPG Maker flowers, and two basket variations (one woven basket, and one clay basket).

For the baskets, I have also separated the fronts of the two basket types and their backs as well. This is because I wanted to give the opportunity for someone to add flowers to the baskets. Ideally, this would be done by placing the back of a basket, then the flower you want over that, and add the front of the basket over it. However, so far I have had issues getting this to work in game. I can add the back of the basket, then the flower, without issues. But when I add the front of the basket, it always erases the back of the basket for some reason. I still have these separated though so that you could do a simple edit in an art program to create baskets of flowers. In the future, I may update with some baskets of flowers, though I'm not certain. I would especially consider this if I find that anyone specifically wants this. If so, feel free to ask and say which flowers you want!

Furthermore, I have added a variety of colors of a bush with berries (or perhaps small flowers, whichever one works best for your game). This might be useful if you want your character to be able to harvest berries from a bush or something of the sort, since I also have the same bush sprite without berries/small flowers.

To use these flowers in your game, just save the image to your computer, then add it to your game's tilesets by dragging the image into the folder containing it (should be in your games folder > Your Game's Name > img > tilesets). After this, open up your game, go to database (under tools), go to tilesets, and then either add this image to a new slot (D or E), or replace one of the existing image slots with it.

Here is the image of all the flowers! :D

New Flowers for RPG Maker MV.png

Many of these flowers are based on real flowers. From top to bottom, left to right, I have the following:

• Yellow flowers on a bush (an edit of an original asset, being the bush with orange flowers)
  • A slightly more orange version of the yellow flower bush
  • A small weed, being only the leaves of the dandelions
  • A dandelion with the yellow flower
  • A dandelion which has its seed head (the white fluffy stuff which gets blown away by the wind)
  • Sunflower
  • Red sunflower
  • Blue sunflower
  • Lavender
  • Goldenrod
  • Red rose bush
  • White rose bush
  • Yellow rose bush
  • Orange rose bush
  • Pink rose bush
  • Blue rose bush
  • Yellow lilies (I don't know that these came out looking very much like lilies, but that's what I was going for)
  • Red lilies
  • Orange lilies
  • Pink lilies
  • Blue lilies
  • White lilies
  • Bush (no flowers)
  • Purple rose bush
  • Basket (clay)
  • Basket (woven)
  • Back of clay basket
  • Front of clay basket
  • Back of woven basket
  • Front of woven basket
  • Stem of tulip (no flowers)
  • Blue tulips
  • Dark blue tulips
  • Red tulips
  • Orange tulips
  • Yellow tulips
  • Purple tulips
  • Pink tulips
  • White tulips
  • More spiral leaves, or a weed
  • Yellow lavender-style plant
  • Blue lavender-style plant
  • Pink lavender-style plant
  • Red lavender-style plant
  • Orange lavender-style plant
  • White lavender-style plant
  • Grey/greenish lavender-style plant
  • Red ground flower (not based on any real flowers that I know of, just made it anyway)
  • Orange ground flower
  • Yellow ground flower
  • Blue ground flower
  • Dark blue ground flower
  • Purple ground flower
  • Pink ground flower
  • White ground flower
  • Brown ground flower
  • Blueberry bush (or bush with small blue flowers, whichever one works best for you)
  • Red berry bush
  • Orange berry bush
  • Yellow berry bush
  • Green berry bush
  • Cyan/light blue berry bush
  • Purple berry bush
  • Pink berry bush
  • White berry bush
  • Grey berry bush
  • Black berry bush
  • Brown berry bush
  • Recolored and slightly edited versions of one of the original RPG Maker MV flower assets (the small trio of white/yellow flowers)
    • Red
    • Orange
    • Blue
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • White
    • Grey
  • Recolored versions of the original RPG Maker small pink clumped flowers asset
    • Blue
    • Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • White
  • Recolored versions of the original RPG Maker blue double flowers
    • Yellow
    • Red
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Red and Yellow
    • White
    • Cyan/light blue
  • Recolored and slightly version of the original RPG Maker orange flower bush
    • Dark blue
    • Red
    • Darker orange
    • Yellow
    • Cyan/light blue
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • White
    • Magenta/purple-pink
    • Seafoam
  • Deep red sunflower
  • Orange sunflower
  • Light yellow sunflower
  • Green sunflower
  • Cyan/light blue sunflower
  • Dark blue sunflower
  • Purple sunflower
  • Pink sunflower
  • White sunflower
  • Brown sunflower
  • Red droopy flower (I'm not really sure what this flower was supposed to be, and it turned out rather odd looking... but it's here for anyone who wants it)
  • Orange droopy flower
  • Yellow droopy flower
  • Green droopy flower
  • Cyan/light blue droopy flower
  • Dark blue droopy flower
  • Purple droopy flower
  • Pink droopy flower
  • White droopy flower
  • Magenta droopy flower
  • Droopy flower's stem (no flower)
  • Red goldenrod-style flower
  • Orange goldenrod-style flower
  • Cyan/light blue goldenrod-style flower
  • Dark blue goldenrod-style flower
  • Purple goldenrod-style flower
  • Pink goldenrod-style flower
  • White goldenrod-style flower

Update: Here are the same flowers, with the image flipped in reverse, in case the flowers need to be used to border a doorway or something of the sort. Simple edit anyone could do, but just in case it could save someone time/effort, it's here.

FLIPPED New Flowers for RPG Maker MV.png

Well, that's everything for now. In the future, I may make more flowers. Feel free to request some if you want, though I cannot promise for sure when or if I will get the chance to make any more.

As far as credit goes, I would appreciate credit to be given to me if these are used (just a mention is all). Although, feel free to edit if you want to as well, whether you completely change some of the sprites or just recolor them, that would all be perfectly fine. If you do edit them, I would still like it if you would mention that the original version came from me (again, just a mention).

Furthermore, I have no issues whatsoever with these being used in other game versions if they are applicable. Feel free to use them anywhere you would like (even if it is for something outside of RPG Maker, as long as it is allowed)!

I hope this is helpful to others, happy gaming!

Last edited:

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there :)
These look great! More plants are always a great thing for variation :D
Just a quick question: Would we be allowed to use these in another RPG Maker, for example MZ? I couldn't find anything about it in your text. Also, it may be wise to put the list of flowers into a spoiler to make the post a little clearer :)

Grassfur

Joyful Creature
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there :)
These look great! More plants are always a great thing for variation :D
Just a quick question: Would we be allowed to use these in another RPG Maker, for example MZ? I couldn't find anything about it in your text. Also, it may be wise to put the list of flowers into a spoiler to make the post a little clearer :)

Hi! I certainly have no issue with someone using it for a different version if they are applicable. :) I will edit my post about this too, now that you've brought it to my attention. Also, to be completely honest I'm not really sure how to use the spoilers... I am thankful for your suggestion though! I will look at it again and see if I can how to do this.

Update: I just figured out how to add a spoiler. It was a very good suggestion, and I'm glad my posts will be clearer from now on. :)

Last edited:

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great! Will definitely use them, with credit. I'm going to slice them up so they can be used as doodads too :D

Thank you!

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so sorry... I'll be spam using them in every nature map!
These are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for making and sharing these Grassfur :kaocry:

DeBaby28

Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are just absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

Grassfur

Joyful Creature
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great! Will definitely use them, with credit. I'm going to slice them up so they can be used as doodads too :D

Thank you!
Thank you so much! I'm very glad you like them! And yes, feel free to do whatever you want with them! :D

I'm so sorry... I'll be spam using them in every nature map!
These are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for making and sharing these Grassfur :kaocry:
You're very welcome, and thank you so much too, no need to apologize - I'm very happy you like them! :D It means a lot.

These are just absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much! :D

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the flowers! I especially appreciate the inclusion of the names too - it makes it much easier for me to add flavor text when I can name the flower!

Grassfur

Joyful Creature
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the flowers! I especially appreciate the inclusion of the names too - it makes it much easier for me to add flavor text when I can name the flower!
Thank you very much! And I am very glad you like them! :) I was hoping the names would be useful to someone, it's definitely good to see they've helped you.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow - I absolutely love these. Nice job and thanks for sharing! :kaoluv:

curiositys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are amazing! Exactly what I needed.

LucasRiot

HUMANELFO
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Amazing work! Good job!

Oghmios1337

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can add the back of the basket, then the flower, without issues. But when I add the front of the basket, it always erases the back of the basket for some reason.
if you place the back of the basket and flower normally and then the front of the basket as an event it should work

Asanti

A Random Person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They're so vibrant! And you included a flipped version, too? (An artist out for my own heart!)

Also, thanks for listing what kind of flowers they are. That makes it super easy to look up the names and choose a flower based on its symbolism.

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mumuani248