GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thinking of adding new game plus where stats but not level carry over that however will prob require a script/plugin,if there is a method without using a plugin/script where the player keeps the stats but not the level without using a plugin/script please help me in the comments below, I have already found an interesting post for older RPG makers that should work with MV for my alternate endings idea as for new game plus I seem to be struggling most there.

Keep in mind this is using RPG Maker MV and I am NOT YET REQUESTING PLUGINS This is to help save me and everyone else time if it's something I can do with my own 2 hands I want to do it and not waste someone else's with something I could of done myself!

TL:DR = Is there a way to do New Game + without using plugins while keeping stats but not the level?

Last edited by a moderator:

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Well, I think yes. With a big event, you can reset nearly all of your party, while keeping what you want. You will have to reset the switchs/variables you used during the game.

But plugins for new game + already exist, and make all of this way more easier.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the stats are done in a way that they're not linked with the level, couldn't you just set up an event to reset all the player levels, equipment, items, skills, etc, turn off all the switches and self switches in the game, reset all the variables, turn on a New Game + switch if you want one, and then teleport the player back to the starting map, where everything should begin again?  The resetting of the switches, variables and self switches could be done with script calls if you don't want to leave some of them with their end-of-game values.

It depends on what you want to achieve with New Game +.  What you want reset, and what you don't.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If the stats are done in a way that they're not linked with the level, couldn't you just set up an event to reset all the player levels, equipment, items, skills, etc, turn off all the switches and self switches in the game, reset all the variables, turn on a New Game + switch if you want one, and then teleport the player back to the starting map, where everything should begin again?  The resetting of the switches, variables and self switches could be done with script calls if you don't want to leave some of them with their end-of-game values.

It depends on what you want to achieve with New Game +.  What you want reset, and what you don't.

I want to reset only the levels not the stats or items, for example if the player beat the game on the current cycle they get to start over at the beginning with at least 30% of their original base stats stats they had before they beat the game without weapons or armor.

This is done so alternate endings are easier to get and even unlock specific endings like if the player saved over 9000 times they get the "over 9000!!" Secret boss fight as well as a chance for a secret ending if they win.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can certainly reset all your switches, variables, self switches using just events (and script calls). I'm just not sure on the stats, if they're associated with the level.  I'm sure someone will come along who has a better idea on that one :)

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can certainly reset all your switches, variables, self switches using just events (and script calls). I'm just not sure on the stats, if they're associated with the level.  I'm sure someone will come along who has a better idea on that one :)

So because of the stats I am gonna need a plugin anyways?? I guess ill go with @InBlast's new game + idea if thats the case.

I guess my Question has been answered... it's impossible to do what I want without a plugin?

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Theres a couple ways I would have thought you could reset the level but either keep stats or add a proportionate amount to the level 1 base stats.

1. Save all of your characters stats to variables, reset their levels then use the add param command to add the old stats numbers to the level 1, then use another add param command and minus the base stats from the level 1 character. You'd then have a character at level 1 with the same stats as before. You could do some additional calculations to the variables to work out 50% or something instead.

2. Create exact duplicate classes of what your characters have but have the stats set higher, then when you start a new game+ change their class to the duplicate class.

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2. Create exact duplicate classes of what your characters have but have the stats set higher, then when you start a new game+ change their class to the duplicate class.

This would require a duplicate class for every level since each level would affect the base stats of the new game + characters unless every battle is evented and cannot be refought.  Honestly I would just use the change equip command at the end of the game to unequip all the actors, then set up a bunch of variables for each actors max hp, max mp, atk, def, etc. divide each variable by 3 or 2 then add those values in at the beginning of the new game +.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't say it couldn't be done.  I said I don't know how you'd go about it, and that someone else may come along with some ideas.  Don't be too impatient ;)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can't  you just do the event idea and use the command to lower the players level by 99? That should take them down to level 1, and reset you to the base stats of that class, + any bonuses you earned.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my new Discord Server up & Running! I'm still improving it as much as I can, & I'm open for any Suggestions!
I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daveywavery