New here, need help with visual (weapon) equipment.

VHackett

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahead of time, not sure if this is posted in the right area but if not I am sorry.

I am the guitarist for the band ODISSIA I've been messing around with maybe making us a game to go along with a concept series.

I have been using the QABS ABS system and honestly it's been doing great, but I've been wondering if there's any plugin available or event call or anything of the type that can make it so my sprite has a weapon (visually) in the walk animations? Is that a thing? (Basically my character would just always have it equipped). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stoked to be part of the community here!

Thank you,
V Hackett!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@VHackett Resource Requests is for sprites and such, plugins have their own section.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahead of time, not sure if this is posted in the right area but if not I am sorry.

I am the guitarist for the band ODISSIA I've been messing around with maybe making us a game to go along with a concept series.

I have been using the QABS ABS system and honestly it's been doing great, but I've been wondering if there's any plugin available or event call or anything of the type that can make it so my sprite has a weapon (visually) in the walk animations? Is that a thing? (Basically my character would just always have it equipped). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stoked to be part of the community here!

Thank you,
V Hackett!
Don't know if there's a plugin for that in particular.
The easiest way is probably just to make a sprite that has the weapon in its sprite animation. You'd just have to edit your character sprite in an editor and make him wear the weapon. For different sprites, you can repeat the process for different weapons so you've got a character sprite for every weapon that can be wielded.

Switching between sprites can be done via an event command "Change Actor Images..." (Page 3, System Settings).

Otherwise you could probably make a sprite of just the weapon "floating" in the air, summon it to the character coordinates and then through parallel process or a script link your characters move commands to the sprites...but clipping may end up an issue, so everything in the character sprite would probably be preferable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.
J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macblink