aktiffiso

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, dear friends. I am new in rpg maker mv. I like to start in this program. Catch the steam deal and bougth it. I like you sugest me dlc . I not have much money but i have a project. I like to make my novel in to rpg. My novel is like It from stephen king about a cursed city and a dark entity who feed from city people (more complex, another characters, but thats is the idea). Do you sugest me bougth mado, gene and sakan tools. Some content. I know how to use photoshop, and have too many pictures from my city who inspires me to this novel. Please help me, and excuse my bad english i am spanish speaker. The steam deals ends 27 september

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Thank you.

If you don't have much money but want to take advantage of the sale, my suggestion is to buy tilesets and character packs that will suit your game's theme.

You do not need Gene, Mado or Sakan and can easily make a game without any of them, but lots of people want to make games with different tilesets and characters.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You do not need Gene, Mado or Sakan
Agreed. I had never heard of Gene, and it gives a very unprofessional impression when the word "Scene" is misspelled in their logo. It looks extremely limited to only creating conversations...odds are good that many (if not most) of your cutscene events will have something else going on, such as events moving on the map, conversation choices, balloons, etc. none of which are supported by Gene. So you'll have to learn and use the regular event editor, anyway...doesn't seem like Gene helps a lot.

Mado is okay for 4 bucks on sale, giving you pre-made options for your window skins, but ultimately it's nothing you can't create for free in GIMP, plus whatever other patterns you might imagine on your own.

Sakan, again, looks like a less powerful version of GIMP that's streamlined to do only one thing. You're better off saving your money and Googling how to do something in GIMP if you can't figure it out.

None of these tools look worth spending money on, to me (and the Steam ratings would seem to agree).

One free tool I would recommend is Yanfly's Icon Generator. But that's not something you need to spend money on...I agree with Shaz. Buy tilesets or characters.

But, really, I'd recommend even more just starting to learn how to use RPG Maker, do tutorials, a sample game, then get started on your project. There are sales multiple times a year, I think you're much better off starting on your work and learning things so you have a much better idea of what you need when the next sale comes around (probably in November for Black Friday).

aktiffiso

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, guys. Thanks very much to both. And what about some horror packs assets, etc to start. Can you tell me any sugestion. The novel is in universities complex, old houses, parks, coffes, bar (bares? or pubs? I have too many photos from my city who i am edditng whith affinity software (photoshop clon)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defigo