New message boxes

DoctorDan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing particularly brilliant or world-changing here, but on the day that MV was released, I was experimenting with having the message box contain a non-scripted 'animated' character pic, as well as being able to change the background of the message box (in reality, just positioning a picture of the appropriate dimensions and having a transparent text box appear on top of it, giving the illusion of a contextually sensitive message box).

The box of solid color in each was where I located my 'talking heads' as it were.

These were all hand-made in Photoshop and Manga Studio.  I may make more, I may not, but I offer them to the community for unlimited use in noncommercial projects, save for credit.  If you wish to use these in a commercial project, please contact me beforehand.

Happy Message Box

Message Box - Happy.png

Murderous Message Box

Message Box - Murderous.png

Romantic Message Box

Message Box - Romantic.png

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I never thought of using message box backgrounds, but I can imagine using some for spirits, demons and the like - interesting idea, thanks!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have images with sample text in them? I'm curious to see how well it would show up against those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It turns out that if I set the collider to 0,0,0,0 before despawning an event.... QMovement will actually play nice with Galv Event Spawner! :LZSexcite:
So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__Andrea__