Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New year, new goals!

My next pack will be made for RPG Maker MV, with the same art style as Ancient Dungeons, but a sci-fi fantasy theme instead.

To help determine what people would like to see in a sci-fi fantasy set, please help vote in this poll, or post in this thread your opinions of what includes sci-fi fantasy.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the poll site, the middle picture (skyscrapers on floating islands) is what I would consider sci-fantasy. The first picture is more pure science fiction, while the last one looks more like a pure fantasy (just that ships can magically fly does not make that a science ;-)

Unfortunately your poll didn't allow for multiple answers - besides a mixture, I would really like to get some different landscapes - wether they would be used for alien world, strange dimensions or magically mutated landscapes doesn't matter so far.

But that is something rarely available - enough different plants to make a non-earth environment believable (so far, only PVG's Mythos pack had some of them, and they won't fit due to different styles and sizes)

But it is extremely good (in my opinion) that you fit the style to "Ancient Dungeons" instead of the regular MV RTP.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made it so you couldn't do multiple answers on purpose, I wanted to see what people would want to see MORE of :p

Personally the floating magical city is what I consider sci-fi as well, but then there's people who think post-apocalyptic sci-fi is also sci-fi fantasy. I just want to see the most common opinion before I start.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to second 2 of Andar's points - first I'm glad that you are sticking to the AD style instead of MV RTP style, and secondly, having enough plants to make a non-earth environment believable.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alien plants! I will definitely have a nature tileset ready to go at least.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Chose 50/50 ...I really wanna see fantasy themed tiles in your AD style in 48x48...but I also really feel like we need more futuristic looking resources too. Thanks for the poll =D !!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
50/50 was my voting, but I want to speak about animating screens too as a suggestion. It can either be tiles or charater sets, but it is a must, in my humble opinion, if someone wants to make a futuristic setting that looks alive. That will make it a killer product!

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
more fantasy is what I voted... but i will love anything you make and purchase it no matter what it is...

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm also for the more fantasy-ish, less sci-fi-ish (aliens and stuff) side. A little of Elves, Steampunk, Magic, a little final fantasy-ish. Somewhat down that line. Less mediaval more... renaissance over victorian up to art deco. Dunno. Something a little more "modern" then the usual medieval settings but still with a fantasy feel to it. 

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More fantasy stuff with sci-fi elements would be great! Just like in the last of the three pictures of the poll. It'd be compatible with the former Ancient Dungeon packs, but with enough elements on its own for a new theme.

As the poll leans heavily toward 50-50 sci-fi and fantasy, I wonder how you imagined that'd look like.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There should be some robot character sprites and battlers also. :D

I find it a bit off that people consider 'airships' to be 'medieval'. In true medieval era these things were unthinkable. If anything, airships are more into steampunk.

Vanitas

Sora's Worst Nightmare
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I feel like I'm alone in this, but honestly I love pure hi-tech fantastical sci-fi, edging on cyberpunk/biopunk/whatever. I use your Futuristic Tiles for VX/A a LOT, so I did vote for the sci-fi specific option.

In terms of specific ideas, transport? Always feel like that category is lacking. Stuff like benches for train interiors, handles, station doodads, multi-directional trains, maybe tubes that shoot you toward your destination, etc.

That said, I do love the floating city idea. Weird as it is (is it weird? most people hate modern remakes so I'll go with 'weird'), I really loved 3D Astroboy movie that came out a few years ago. Might be good for insp. if you haven't seen it!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In terms of specific ideas, transport? Always feel like that category is lacking. Stuff like benches for train interiors, handles, station doodads, multi-directional trains, maybe tubes that shoot you toward your destination, etc.

I will remember that :)

Right now I'm struggling a lot with the amount of sci-fi and medieval elements. A lot of people want pure sci-fi, but it seems the majority prefers it to be based more in medieval times (judging by my poll run on my website). One thing for sure, this won't be purely sci-fi and futuristic, otherwise I'd make a tileset for just that. But this is the sci-fi fantasy set, different from robots and tall modern skyscrapers.

I'm leaning more towards old, but with technology. I think this is probably the best direction I can take.

Atomix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So magic science basically?

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want inspiration from a good Sci-Fi Fantasy setting, check out Eberron from Dungeons and Dragons. Whenever I think Sci-Fi and Fantasy perfectly blended together, my mind goes there. Some more interesting Sci-Fi Fantasy settings are Spelljammer (Also from D&D), Kaladesh (From Magic: The Gathering) and Shadowrun (From Shadowrun >_>), although Shadowrun is more Sci-Fi with Fantasy elements than a perfect blend of both.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is this still in the making?

I always hoped that there would be something to complement your futuristic tiles, but I would be fine with anything new to be honest :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu